Our Opportunity:

Reporting to the Lead, Quality & Safety, North America, this position has responsibility to ensure the quality and reliability of packaging and retail products for RBI’s three brands.

Responsibilities:

• Represents Quality Assurance for RBI providing on-site support in Corporate office in Miami, FL
  • Under indirect supervision, responsible for development, maintenance and enforcement of product safety and quality control programs and procedures to monitor the quality of packaging, retail and promotional product suppliers
  • Identifies and supports improvement opportunities for product quality, safety and/or profitability; Monitors supplier performance through various test and product analysis reports, creates ad hoc reports to characterize supplier and product performance and creates culture of continuous improvement with supplier base
  • Creates timely and concise communication to senior management, which indicates supplier performance
  • Certifies facilities and endorses new products and/or new suppliers to ensure production of food products to brand standards
  • Commercializes products and provides support and process consulting to Product Innovation teams for new product launches during commercialized implementation and rollout of new products
  • Develops and maintains packaging and retail product specifications, third party audits, internal audits and other Quality Assurance documents and programs that result in quality consistency and safe facility conditions
  • Evaluates consumer and restaurant complaint information and analyzes supply chain to determine incident cause and verify corrective actions/preventive measures
  • Scrutinizes supplier food / packaging safety program, lab results and sensory panel results to determine aptitude and competence in ensuring consistent product quality
  • Acts as RBI's technical expert in commodity category by executing investigations and providing advice to the Crisis Management Team on supply issues and actions with safety implications and perceptions
  • Monitors and assesses Federal regulatory changes by agencies such as the CFIA, USDA, FSIS and FDA to ensure RBI legal compliance

Required Skills:

• Bachelor’s degree in Packaging, Industrial Engineering, Materials Science or related field
  • Certified Quality Engineer or Certified Quality Manager preferred
  • 4-6 years of progressive work experience in related field
  • Professional knowledge of TAPPI, ASTM and ISO regulations for the manufacture of QSR packaging including HACCP, GMP's and SSOP's
  • Knowledge of Packaging Chemistry, Physical and Normal Use and packaging manufacturing processing to monitor supplier manufacturing practices
  • Knowledge of Product Safety principles including HACCP to monitor supplier food safety/good manufacturing practices
  • Knowledge of Packaging laboratory testing procedures and processes to monitor supplier performance standards
  • Strong analytical and processing skills with aptitude to interpret technical data to make supplier performance decisions
  • Effective communication, organizational, and time management skills
  • Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with diverse audiences and stakeholders
  • Fundamental understanding of Statistical Process Control and Process Capability
  • Ability to work independently and as a team player
  • Advanced computer skills i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, Statistical Tools
  • Ability to travel (within a designated budget)

Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.

Apply for this Job

* Required

CAN Voluntary Demographic Questionnaire

We actively strive to foster an environment where the differences of our employees, restaurant owners, vendors and guests are understood and included in the development of business plans and processes. In order to help us track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts, we ask a few questions about demographics and identity. The following questions are completely voluntary.

Any response you provide will be anonymized and cannot be matched to your application.

I identify my gender as:

I identify my sexual orientation as:

I identify as transgender: