Position Overview:

Oversee the payments strategy for Burger King, Popeyes and Tim Hortons globally. This person will work with key internal and external partners to ensure there are seamless, secure and cost-effective payment experiences for guests and franchisees in-restaurant and digital channels.  The candidate will define and advance the RBI payments landscape as trends continue to evolve.

The position requires deep knowledge of the payments landscape (acquirers, gateways, card brands, fraud) and experience in digital payment fraud prevention.  It requires strong communication and presentation skills for senior management internally and key external partners.  Also, strong relationship and project management skills are required to deliver our key projects and initiatives.

Core Responsibilities:

• Payment Acceptance Cost Optimization:
    • Become and be recognized as subject matter expert (SME) for consumer electronic payment regulation and rules
    • Negotiate and execute deals with key partners to ensure lowest possible credit and debit card rates and fees for corporate and franchise restaurants
    • Serve as liaison for external payment partners such as merchant acquirers, card brands, issuing banks and payment switch and routing providers
    • Identify and facilitate implementation of payment process improvements, including optimizing transaction costs. Ability to negotiate with processing partners is key
    • Negotiate smart routing contracts for debit transactions and participate with RBI in negotiation of other electronic payment contracts
    • Support restaurant operator problem resolution escalation, including proactively identifying trends and seeking resolution
  • Consumer Payment Experiences: Work with the consumer tech team to build out best-in-class guest payment experiences in-restaurant and for mobile/web ordering, kiosks, online catering, etc.
  • Fraud Prevention: Oversee fraud prevention across all brands on 1) mobile ordering 2) gift card reload apps / websites and 3) in-restaurant. Manage relationship with external fraud prevention partners and all chargeback reporting to track success and evolve strategy
  • Card Brand & Acquirer Partner Management: Oversee contracts and strategies with card brands and acquirers working with legal, consumer tech, procurement and security / compliance
  • Payment Security: Partner with Security and Compliance team to ensure all payment experiences meet IT security requirements and PCI compliance
  • Gift Card programs: Develop and manage gift card relationships with partners for in-restaurant and online gift card transactions

Education and Experience:

• Bachelor’s degree; MS/MA/MBA degree preferred and at least 7 years of experience in payments across marketplaces, e-commerce, retail, digital media or financial services industries
  • Merchant-side Payments Operations & Payments Management experience, preferably at a major company
  • A thorough knowledge of payment practices including card-not-present processing, payment gateway functionality, credit, debit and prepaid and issuer authorization, decline and chargebacks
  • Expert knowledge, skills and demonstrated track record across a range of functions including various payment applications and channels, including point of sale, tablet & table-top payments, and e-commerce
  • Proven experience in reducing payment processing costs and building sustainable payment initiatives
  • Demonstrate a bias for action in delivering innovative programs, resolving issues and to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
  • Be extremely focused on data and analytics to solve problems and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement.
  • Demonstrated strategic thinking and cross-functional team influence
  • History of effectively working with multiple teams to build new capability and implement projects
  • Strong communication and presentation skills for alignment with senior management 

Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.

Apply for this Job

* Required

US Voluntary Demographic Questionnaire

We actively strive to foster an environment where the differences of our employees, restaurant owners, vendors and guests are understood and included in the development of business plans and processes. In order to help us track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts, we ask a few questions about demographics and identity. The following questions are completely voluntary.

Any response you provide will be anonymized and cannot be matched to your application.

I identify my gender as:

I identify my race as:

I identify my ethnicity as:

I identify my military status as:

I identify my sexual orientation as:

I identify as transgender: