Restaurant Brands International Inc. (“RBI”) is one of the world’s largest quick service restaurant companies with more than $30 billion in system-wide sales and over 25,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries and U.S. territories. RBI owns three of the world’s most prominent and iconic quick service restaurant brands – TIM HORTONS®, BURGER KING®, and POPEYES®. These independently operated brands have been serving their respective guests, franchisees and communities for over 40 years. We are looking for team players that show a true yearning to improve not only our business, but themselves. With meritocracy is at the forefront of our company’s culture, we live and breathe a performance-driven environment where hard work and results speak for themselves. Top performers are rewarded for what they achieve, and with success, you can accelerate your career as quickly as your talent will allow.
- Oversee the streamlined delivery of multiple project initiatives to the enterprise in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Lead multiple Project Managers, ensuring management is kept appropriately informed on the status of projects.
- Program manage selected large projects
- Coach and guide PM’s in methodology and project risk management and mitigation
- Resource planning and load leveling the project portfolio
Why this role is important:
At RBI we are a growth company with ambitious goals. We know that we can only make our dream a reality by having the right talent on our side. The Lead, Program Management will oversee a large portion of the IT project portfolio and assist the leadership team in the prioritization of projects, assessment of cross project opportunities and risks.
- Ensure effective communication with the business areas in the area of prioritizing projects and Project Management resource usage.
- Ensure strong knowledge and understanding of current business processes, priorities and applications in all business. Assist the business in determining how IT can support them in meeting business objectives.
- Leverage existing IT application and technology portfolio to solve business automation problems creatively before adding to the application portfolio.
- Ensure project management methodologies are implemented and meet the business and IT requirements to roll out new solutions and services.
- Train IT staff on project methodologies. This includes documenting SLAs (both internal and external), performance/quality management, and managing outsourced relations.
- Provide assistance to the Business throughout the Project Proposal, Evaluation and prioritization process and annual project planning and budgeting process. This includes the development of all detailed requirements and any potential vendor request for proposals (RFPs).
- Assist in insuring all approved projects are resourced, scheduled and properly initiated prior to commencing the project life cycle.
- Where necessary, re-engineer processes to ensure services align with business processes, tactical planning, and strategic vision.
- Define and communicate project milestones and resource allocation to IT leadership team.
- Ensures processes are well documented
- Work with other IT leadership, QA, Finance and Internal Audit to ensure compliance processes are streamlined – efficient, effective and sustainable and automated were possible.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications regarding project statuses.
- Supervise and ensure the efficient operation of the Project Management Team.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Ensure the efficient utilization of PM resources – including personnel across projects.
- University degree in the field of computer science, information systems or business and a minimum of 5 years related work experience.
- 5 plus years of formal Project management experience.
- Project Management Office experience an asset, including strong understanding of the project development life cycle.
- Prior successful experience in managing large (multi million dollar) budgets and projects
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing in complex IT environments
- Previous experience in the areas of Application Development and future support requirements
- Previous experience managing project managers and project portfolios
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- Strong ability to prioritize activities and excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Highly developed facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, open concept, collaborative environment.
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.