The Workday Program Manager is responsible for technical oversight of Workday, the ERP platform at RBI, including Workday Human Capital Management, Payroll, Benefits, Absence, and Time Tracking SKUs. The Workday Program Manager is responsible for supporting the Head of Talent Intelligence and the cross-functional leads by serving as a technical resource for the Workday platform; responsible for and provides oversight for Workday tenant management, security administration (in coordination with the IT team and defined security model), configuration administration, system upgrades, change control, reporting administration and establishing well-controlled environments by defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards; collaborating with the technical leads from the various Workday Application Areas (HCM, Payroll, Benefits, Absence, and Time Tracking) regarding overall structure, architecture and protocols; and partnering with the Workday operating team to develop solutions, ensure data consistency, data integrity, and enterprise alignment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Workday security design, configuration, workflow, and security administration.
- Lead weekly Workday change control meetings.
- Coordinate and lead Workday mandatory upgrades; design and implement overall testing strategy.
- Act as technical support for advanced Workday report writing (i.e., matrix reports, dashboards and composite reports).
- Design, implement, and maintain enterprise reporting protocols.
- Perform daily system health and performance to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Assist with testing new business processes, system modifications, and updates.
- Contribute and maintain operational, configuration, and other operating protocols.
- Responsible for maintaining proper security to protect confidential information.
- Identify opportunities to reduce recurring work where practical (and/or improve performance, reduce risk, etc.).
- Monitor and track progress on Workday support tickets tracked in RBI’s ticketing system.
- Responsible for being knowledgeable on the Workday roadmap and upcoming product releases, reviewing release notes, assessing new features and understanding the impacts to business processes and basic changes in functionality.
- Maintain a complete understanding of the system in order to act as a liaison between IT and functional areas.
- Collaborate and support functional leads with escalated issues.
- Partner with the Development team to triage escalated integration issues.
- Bachelors Degree or certificate in related field
- 3- 5 years of relevant experience as a systems or business analyst
- Must have strong knowledge of Workday HCM, Payroll, Benefits, business processes and security, and report writer tools
- Must have knowledge of Workday integrations (e.g., Studio, Core Connectors, EIBs, PICOFs, Web Services & REST APIs)
- Ability to understand business processes and requirements
- Ability to multitask
- Must have excellent analytical, problem-solving, oral and written communication skills
- Must have a strong attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Must be a team player who prefers a collaborative environment
- Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot the deep details of an issue and resolve problems from end-to-end
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Prefer previous experience in an information technology environment
- Familiarity with basic elements of Agile Scrum methodology
- Involved in at least 1 Workday implementation or equivalent Workday experience
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.