This position is responsible for Occupational Health & Safety, as well as the development, implementation and oversight of RBI’s HR compliance program in Canada and the United States.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintains the Company’s health & safety, accessibility and workplace violence and harassment policies and programs, and manages required workplace postings and government filings
- Understands relevant technical requirements in Health & Safety and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, and company policies
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of trends and current practices in Health and Safety with applicable Canadian and U.S. HR-related laws, rules and regulations, and identifies and monitors HR compliance risks on an ongoing basis
- Oversees the administration of the Company’s joint health and safety committees at its corporate locations in Canada and the U.S.
- Develops and/or oversees the development of training content for legally-mandated employee training, and facilitates and tracks training delivery where appropriate
- Conducts workplace assessments, inspections and investigations as appropriate to ensure ongoing compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Ensures appropriate risk assessments are conducted and follow ups implemented to minimize or eliminate accidents, asset losses, security breaches and environmental issues that might cause harm to one of the company’s employees, contractors, visitors, assets or reputation
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, and RBI’s policies and continuous improvement in key identified measures and objectives, and oversees HR compliance reporting requirements
- 4+ years of experience in Occupational Health & Safety in a Corporate setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (HR Compliance and/or Health & Safety) required
- Strong knowledge of occupational health & safety and accessibility laws, regulations and best practices
- Experience in other HR compliance areas preferred, but not required (including Canadian and US employment standards and human rights laws)
- Health and safety audit experience preferred
- Experience conducting investigations is an asset
- Experience providing training and presentations related to health and safety and/or accessibility
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with discretion and professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal communication and influencing skills with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Experience with change management and project management
- Proven ability to work effectively in multi-tasking environment with high volume workload
- Willingness to demonstrate organizational agility and strong leadership required
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.