Reporting to the Lead, Ready-To-Eat Quality and Food safety, this position has responsibility to ensure the quality and reliability for all Bakery and direct related commodities in the United States and Canada. Position will be responsible and accountable to support development of all new commodities and enhancement of existing through direct support with RBI Product Excellence Teams (Innovation) and suppliers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage and Lead North America QA Bakery, Toppings and Fillings Team for RBI providing on-site support in Corporate office
- Under indirect supervision, responsible for development, maintenance and enforcement of product safety and quality control programs and procedures to monitor the quality of assigned commodity suppliers for 14,000 restaurants
- Function as an extension of the Quality Assurance with all Product Excellence Teams, collaborating to ensure quality, reliability and commercialization are built into to every commodity specification.
- Support launch of commodities during Development and Test Markets with Product Excellence.
- Leads, Identifies and supports improvement opportunities for product quality, safety and/or profitability; monitors supplier performance through various test and product analysis reports, creates ad hoc reports to characterize supplier and product performance and creates culture of continuous improvement with supplier base
- Manages Team which Certifies facilities and endorses new products and/or new suppliers to ensure production of food products to brand standards
- With NA QA Team, develop, author and maintain relevant food specifications; third party audits, internal audits and other Quality Assurance documents and programs that result in quality consistency and safe facility conditions
- Evaluates consumer and restaurant complaint information and analyzes supply chain to determine incident cause and verify corrective actions/preventive measures
- Scrutinizes supplier food safety program, lab results and sensory panel results to determine aptitude and competence in ensuring consistent product quality
- Acts as RBI's technical expert in commodity category by executing investigations and providing advice to the Crisis Management Team on supply issues and actions with safety implications and perceptions
- Monitors and assesses Federal regulatory changes by agencies such as the CFIA, USDA, FSIS and FDA to ensure RBI legal compliance
- Participate in on-going enhancement of Continuous Improvement programs, especially of the RBI Specification System (SPEQ)
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Sciences or related field
- Certified Quality Engineer or Certified Quality Manager preferred
- Conversant in Statistical Process Control and Process Capability
- 4-6 years of progressive work experience in related field ((Bakery)
- Knowledge of current manufacturing and further processing in Bakery or significant Quality Assurance production experience in related food processing required
- Knowledge of Product Safety principles including HACCP to monitor supplier food safety/good manufacturing practices
- Knowledge of laboratory testing procedures and processes to monitor supplier performance standards
- Strong analytical and processing skills with aptitude to interpret technical data to make supplier performance decisions
- Effective communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with diverse audiences and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Advanced computer skills i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, Statistical Tools, Tableau
- Ability to travel (within a designated budget)
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.