Restaurant Brands International is looking for a Lead of Operations Engineering to join our Global Team based in Miami, Florida. At RBI, we know one of the biggest investments we have is in our restaurants. That's why we are looking for a dynamic leader with industrial engineering and design experience to lead our efforts for all three brands (Burger King, Popeyes, and Tim Hortons). 

This new position offers the opportunity to define RBI’s Restaurant Operation Engineering team.  A team responsible for designing stores to be more productive while enabling innovation; generating cost savings in store construction, design, and labor management globally based on a wide range of inputs such as product mix and service modes.  As such this team must utilize their creativity, simulation tools, and data analytics to define and drive changes to restaurant kitchen layouts, equipment innovation (via mechanization and automation) and develop outside the box operational processes.

The new designs will drive efficiency, throughput, guest and crew experience resulting in best in class operating restaurants.  The ideal candidate is hands on with outstanding communication (oral and presentation) and influencing skills. They are a seasoned project leader able to set direction, inspire and coordinate cross-functional teams consisting of internal, external and franchisee parties.

Roles and Responsibilities:

• Improvement of restaurant kitchen layouts
    • Lead an interdisciplinary task force for the redesign of current kitchen layout design
    • Utilize work measurements and time/motion studies to determine and recommend optimal productivity requirements & staffing levels
    • Develop understanding of food preparation equipment and preparation processes in all three brands
    • Usage of simulation tools to develop global recommended kitchen layout that are adaptable to current and future menu architecture and consumer trends
    • Future proof layouts for new industry trends such as new service modes (ei home delivery) and new product offers.
    • Improvement of operations in existing restaurants through cost effective changes aimed at driving order accuracy, throughput, and labor efficiency
    • Leading expert in equipment innovation conditions
    • Uses LEAN principals to develop creative ideas to reduce waste and costs in the food preparation processes and increase throughput
  • Support international growth
    • Develop restaurant kitchen layouts specific to new country’s service mode breakdown and product makeup.
  • Drive Equipment Innovation
    • Identify areas of opportunity for equipment innovation working collaborately with the RBI Engineering Team, vendors and franchisees.

Required Skills:

• BS in Industrial Engineering or comparable field
  • Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing to all levels of management
  • Ability to foster teamwork among diverse groups and disciplines, both in-person and thru usage of other means (Skype, WebEx, email communications, etc.) 
  • Ability to plan and manage schedules for multiple tasks
  • Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
  • Experience working with construction documents
  • Experience in process design, improvement, and validation via data collection and simulation
  • Proficient in FlexSim modeling and AutoCad
  • 5+ years’ experience in project management experience leading multi-functional teams 
  • 5+ years' experience in restaurant industry

Preferred Skills :

• QSR or Fast Casual Restaurant Experience

Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.

#LI-POST

Apply for this Job

* Required

US Voluntary Demographic Questionnaire

We actively strive to foster an environment where the differences of our employees, restaurant owners, vendors and guests are understood and included in the development of business plans and processes. In order to help us track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts, we ask a few questions about demographics and identity. The following questions are completely voluntary.

Any response you provide will be anonymized and cannot be matched to your application.

I identify my gender as:

I identify my race as:

I identify my ethnicity as:

I identify my military status as:

I identify my sexual orientation as:

I identify as transgender: