This Counsel, Global Development position will be responsible for providing legal support to Global Development business teams for RBI and each of its brands. The position will be responsible to act independently with regard to international transactions, including international joint ventures, development agreements, equity investments and other corporate transactions. The individual will be responsible for leading, drafting and negotiating key transaction documentation, providing legal advice and counsel to the Global Development business teams to ensure the successful completion of transactions. The individual will act under the direct supervision of the Head Counsel, Global Development and will be expected to provide practical legal advice in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism and business judgment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, review, negotiate and finalize legal agreements, including investment agreements, development agreements, franchise agreements, and other relevant documents, with a strong attention to detail and a view to managing risk while maximizing protections and benefits to the business.
- Work effectively with the tax and accounting teams to advise on legal and business structures for global development transactions.
- Support and provide guidance on local franchise disclosure and registration requirements, in compliance with applicable laws
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and applicable laws
- Perform other general legal and/or business duties and functions as may be assigned or required by business needs
- Juris Doctor of Law degree from an accredited law school required (US)
- Member in good standing of a state Bar
- 5-7 years of legal experience, law firm experience preferred
- Transactional experience with strong drafting and negotiating skills
- Knowledge of franchise and/or corporate law preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills; communication and relationship building
- Highly organized and demonstrates ability to work effectively in multi-tasking environment with high volume workload
- Maintains a high level of integrity, professionalism and strong attention to detail with the ability to assume greater responsibility as needed
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.