The Sr. Manager, Marketing is responsible for franchisee and DMA leadership, developing marketing and advertising strategies and tactics to drive sales and profits at the local level. Key position requirements include strong strategic, communication, presentation and analytical skills as well as knowledge of media and production.
Identifying root causes for under-performing markets
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategic marketing and advertising plans and tactics based on the business needs to drive sales and profits at the local level. Business needs may include but are not limited:
- The addition of local value offerings in highly competitive markets.
- Competitive blunting in markets with heavy or new QSR growth.
- Daypart transaction drivers such as late night.
- Sponsorships and community tie-ins to localize the brand.
- Down market turnaround plans for DMAs impacted by the above and other factors such as operations.
- Develop and manage local media advertising plans, in collaboration with the regional team, and sell in the plans to the DMAs.
- Facilitate the accurate and timely communication of brand marketing and advertising programs, systems and procedures to franchisees and Corporate operation partners.
- Lead preparation and presentation of marketing and advertising programs for the Co-op Meetings. Coordinate content with all internal stake holders and the DMA President. Work with Corporate operation partners to build DMA alignment on goals, strategies, tactics and milestones. Plan and organize the meeting logistics.
- Develop and report out local analyses and rationale in support of key DMA marketing and advertising recommendations and executed initiatives.
- Provide advertising direction for local creative from concept to completion. Approve all local store advertising creative from the LSM portal.
- Set up DMA annual sales forecasts and ad fund budgets; supervise monthly budget and cash-flow reconciliation.
- Develop and distribute DMA Business Meeting minutes.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing or related field
- 3+ years of marketing or agency experience preferably in the QSR industry.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills to include formal presentation experience and the ability to prepare and present marketing presentations.
- Must have the ability to interface and maintain excellent professional relationships with a variety of audiences to include franchise partners, ad agencies, local marketing vendors and internal marketing functions.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) as well as Outlook.
- Proficient in the manipulation and analysis of marketing and sales data to determine sales generation tactics.
- Excellent organization skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.