Tim Hortons® is one of North America's largest restaurant chains operating in the quick service segment, with more than 4,800 system wide restaurants located in Canada, the United States and around the world.
We are currently looking for experienced and driven Data Scientists to join our Loyalty Analytics team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Data Scientist will play a key role in enhancing our advanced analytics and machine learning capabilities within the organization
- Responsible for the building, training, scoring and monitoring of machine learning models to be used for loyalty offer generation
- Develop best in class offer generation tools that allows for individual customer targeting and optimize based on all available data; look for areas of data enhancement and improvement
- Work with digital development teams to ensure that the tools and data available is best in class; work with IT teams to ensure data quality
- Work closely with various stakeholders to understand business needs and develop solutions through machine learning or other advanced analytics/predictive modeling techniques
- MS/PHD or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or related technical field
- Experience in developing machine-learning algorithms, statistical and mathematical optimization models, and simulation and visualization tools
- Strong understanding of regression modeling, time series analysis, cluster analysis, machine-learning concepts such as supervised and unsupervised learning, classification, random forest, neural nets, etc.
- Ability to identify predictive attributes of data sets and perform feature engineering to improve machine learning results
- Able to model out the expected cost and expected opportunity of recommendations
- Experience with manipulating big data sets via SQL able to process, filter and present large quantities of data
- Experience in one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, R, Scala, etc.)
- Experience with Loyalty Programs an asset
- Experience with Databricks, Tableau and AutoML tools an asset
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.