Our Opportunity:

Restaurant Brands International is looking for a Data Scientist to work on our Burger King Operations team based in Miami, Florida. RBI is one of the world’s largest quick service restaurant companies with more than $30 billion in system-wide sales and over 24,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries and U.S. territories. RBI owns three of the world’s most prominent and iconic quick service restaurant brands – TIM HORTONS®, BURGER KING®, and POPEYES®. These independently operated brands have been serving their respective guests, franchisees and communities for over 40 years. In this position, you will generate insights, optimize recurring reporting and ad hoc analyses. You will take RBI's analytics to the next level and help solve complex business problems that will have a major impact on the 7,000+ restaurants in the US. 

Roles and Responsibilities:

• Synthesize data and analysis to generate actionable insights to solve complex problems
  • Create strategy for operations team based on data analysis
  • Apply existing and new solutions in creative ways to address complex issues and problems
  • Build out advanced analytical capabilities and define analytical priorities
  • Optimize recurring reporting to drive internal efficiencies
  • Coordinate third party and field resources to deliver perfect execution of projects
  • Bi-weekly checkpoints with executive team

Required Skills:

• Bachelor’s Degree required; ideally in the Computer Science or Mathematics field; MBA preferred
  • 2 to 5 years of prior work experience in Data Science or Data analytics
  • 2 years of experience building predictive models using R or Python 
  • Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel (including VBA)
  • Experience with other software development tools, such as Tableau, is desired but not essential
  • Self-starter with personal time management skills are essential to deliver assigned projects 
  • Strong communication skills are needed
  • Openness to work in and support Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) industry

Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.

#LI-POST

Apply for this Job

* Required

Voluntary Demographic Questionnaire

We actively strive to foster an environment where the differences of our employees, restaurant owners, vendors and guests are understood and included in the development of business plans and processes. In order to help us track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts, we ask a few questions about demographics and identity. The following questions are completely voluntary.

Any response you provide will be anonymized and cannot be matched to your application.

I identify my gender as:

I identify my race as:

I identify my ethnicity as:

I identify my military status as:

I identify my sexual orientation as:

I identify as transgender: