BURGER KING®, TIM HORTONS®, and POPEYES® are iconic brands. But Restaurant Brands International itself is relatively new. Over the past ten years, RBI has acquired these three powerhouses and welcomed them into to the RBI family.
RBI is agile and ever growing, consisting of lean teams of diverse individuals with varying skillsets and backgrounds. With over 26,000 restaurants in over 100 countries, with our zealous goal to establish 40,000 restaurants in the next ten years, we are an industry leader with more than $30 billion in system sales and even more room to expand. It all makes this an exciting place to be. We are growing fast, thinking even faster and constantly exploring new opportunities.
Our shared determination to achieve ever-greater things is what drives us. In order to remain among the top leaders within the quick service restaurants, our Operations Department needs to be led by the brightest and motivated experts in the world.
Culinary Development Program Overview
Our Culinary & Innovation Development Program (CDP) is our way to grow the future innovation leaders of the industry.
Bring us big ideas, confidence and an entrepreneurial mindset, and you’ll be given the chance to work on real-world challenges right away. With an accelerated learning curve and early exposure to leadership responsibility you’ll get your career off to a fast start.
Culinary Development Program Full Time opportunities are available in our Miami, FL Location:
5707 Blue Lagoon Drive
Miami, FL 33126
During our Global Onboarding, you’ll be immersed in the RBI culture and will have the chance to meet the global leadership team at one of our corporate offices. You’ll also receive a mentor during this period to help guide you throughout your journey with RBI!
Next, you’ll spend a few weeks going through all the training you’ll need to be a successful contributor to culinary innovation at the company. This will include core skills training as well as in-restaurant training giving you in-depth, hands-on experience of our business operations.
After training, you’ll complete two (2), 6-month long rotations with BURGER KING® and POPEYES® at the corporate offices in Miami, FL. Throughout this period, you’ll have the opportunity to learn about different functions, network with various employees & vendors, and continue to hear from leadership during program milestones.
You’ll have the opportunity to support menu innovation and product development for global brands, collaborating with cross-functional team members daily. At the conclusion of your program, you’ll develop an innovative product for one of our brands that will be presented to RBI leadership at the end of the CDP Program.
Demonstrate you have the skills to make a difference in our business. And that’s just the beginning! As you achieve more, you’ll earn more growth opportunities and rewards for your contributions as you develop your career at RBI.
What you'll need:
- Received a Bachelors degree between January 2018 and December 2020 or pursing a Bachelors degree to be awarded prior to July 2021 – ideally in Culinary Science, Culinary Nutrition, Product Design or Development, Food Science, Food Microbiology, Food Technology, Culinology, Sustainability, Food Engineering, Culinary Arts, Chemical Engineering, Food Manufacturing, Biochemistry or other relevant major
- Professional kitchen experience (3 years in an independent commercial kitchen or 1 year in a QSR/multi-unit restaurant test kitchen), or a additional certificate in Culinary Arts or an associates degree in Culinary Arts or a related field from an accredited Culinary Program
- A current ServSafe Food Handlers Certification
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50lbs, do continuous work in a kitchen, and be on foot for 8-12 hour days
- A performance-focused, results-oriented approach – you’ll have a strong work ethic and the determination to achieve success
- Strong ownership mentality and exceptional levels of self-motivation, ambition, and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and motivational skills and the desire to be part of a team where everyone contributes
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI’s policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.