Razorpay was founded by Shashank Kumar and Harshil Mathur in 2014. Razorpay is building a new-age digital banking hub (Neobank) for businesses in India with the mission is to enable frictionless banking and payments experiences for businesses of all shapes and sizes. What started as a B2B payments company is processing billions of dollars of payments for lakhs of businesses across India.
Razorpay is looking for a self-starter, highly motivated individual who enjoys front-end and design and has an obsession for Design Systems. We view our design system as a crucial component for enabling our product teams to expand further our offerings in a way that complements the cohesive overall Razorpay experience. So while we already have a foundation layer in place, we are looking for someone who can add to that and develop more innovative ideas on building a system.
As a design systems designer, you’ll be a part of our multi-disciplinary platform team responsible for evolving the design language of Razorpay products. You'll work with other designers and engineers to decide about component designs and how to represent those in code. Our team comprises talented individuals with backgrounds in product design, design systems, design ops, illustration, and engineers with front-end and full-stack experience working on React.js.
PS: If you enjoy technical problems, are a designer that also likes to dip their hands into code, value pairing with an engineer to translate implementation to great user experiences, and enjoy working on developer tools, this position is precisely for you.
#systems-thinker #design-systems #inclusive-design #collaboration #candid
Designers at Razorpay are strong individual contributors. For this particular role, we are looking for someone who values the following:
Experience with the design system
- 1-2 years of professional experience designing or developing (coding) experiences that empower the end-user.
- Have worked on design system space with a background in both web & mobile. Experience contributing to an early-stage design system is preferred.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates deep systems thinking, visual aesthetic and an ability to translate ambiguous problems into practical solutions.
- You’ve collaborated with PMs, engineers & designers to shape new opportunities. You care about why you're building something, not just what.
- You over-invest in the visual and interaction portion of your work and consider yourself a craftsperson.
- Expert in Figma or similar software.
You enjoy taking an active role in the development process
- Collaborate directly with designers and engineers to ensure that the components we design are shippable and rock solid.
- Both assure that our system is meeting the needs of our designers and engineers and help evangelize appropriate usage.
- You have a growth mindset when increasing your efficiency in planning, decision making, and pragmatic management of design debt.
You’re a great communicator and collaborator
- You’re clear and concise in explaining your thought process and in enumerating the tradeoffs made in your work.
- You develop strong and effective working relationships with designers, engineers and cross-functional peers.
- You're proactive in seeking out mentorship and are open and receptive to feedback.
- Design & define interaction patterns through components, documentation & prototypes.
- Ensure our design system meets and often exceeds the standards & guidelines for accessibility.
- Maintaining or helping us evolve our core principles in visual styles, typography, spacing, motion & other interaction models.
- Work closely with engineers to maintain and create new components for our library across all Razorpay products (Web, iOS & Android).
- Provide regular design feedback to other designers and engineers on implementing and contributing to our design system.
- Work with the communications design team and ensure the design system reflects our brand identity.
- Collaborate with designers across teams to curate new aesthetics & patterns.
- Own component design from inception to delivery, including engineering collaboration, rollout plans, usability testing, usage guidelines, and representation in design tools such as Figma.
- Facilitate meetings and ensure all the voices in the room are heard. Also, helping raise the bar for design at Razorpay by participating in design critiques to drive new design initiatives.
- Good understanding of front-end development. (HTML, CSS, APIs)
- You’ve contributed to the development of internal or open-source design systems.
- You have strong opinions, loosely held
- You spend time agonising over the meta-design details but know when to choose progress over perfection.
- You have experience designing cross-platform experiences, from the web to native mobile.