Raycon is one of the fastest-growing D2C brands, dedicated to shaking up the consumer electronics industry. Co-founded by entertainer/entrepreneur Ray J, we’re inspired by the go-getters, the early risers, the performers and one-more-milers of the world. That’s why we’re dedicated to creating high-quality wireless audio products that fit the wants and needs of all kinds of doers out there, without the mark-up or false hype.
Our products have been featured with high profile celebrities such as P. Diddy, Justin Bieber, Snoop Dogg, Cardi B, Ne-Yo, Migos, Cara DeLevingne and many more. We’ve also been featured in and garnered press from media outlets such as Forbes, CNN, Mashable, Cheddar, and Billboard.
We have experienced rapid growth over the past year and are looking for fellow self-starters and go-getters to join our team.
About the Role
Raycon is looking to bolster our marketing team with an innovative and passionate CRM Manager. You’ll be managing all customer leads across our e-mail, SMS, direct mail, and post purchase offers. Additionally, you will assist in managing marketing related projects related to marketing operations and CRO initiatives. This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to grow with a quickly growing and successful startup brand.
The ideal candidate is a number loving, but creative minded unicorn. You’ll want to come up with crazy ideas, but aren’t afraid to spend hours checking the numbers behind them. It will be a critical role to the continued growth of Raycon.
What You'll Do
- Monitor customer lifecycle segments and cohorts. Implement communication to nurture customers at each phase of their journey (convert prospects, reactivate lapsed, etc.)
- Propose and implement tactics to engender loyalty and increase CLTV within the customer base, including top spenders. Bring creativity and innovation to the table.
- Own email and SMS calendar and revenue goals. Collaborate with marketing, merchandising and creative colleagues to develop a schedule of brand and product marketing messaging.
- Code, test and deploy calendar emails and SMS.
- Maintain and optimize transactional and triggered emails and SMS, partnering with e-commerce colleagues to ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Optimize site email and SMS capture. Continually propose, execute and evaluate methods to drive the acquisition of high-quality emails.
- Work closely on other marketing project initiatives related to marketing operations and CRO projects to ensure the best possible experience for our customers and key partners.
What You Can Do
- College degree, Masters being a bonus, in a business field such as communications, advertising, marketing, etc
- 2+ years of retail CRM experience, including ideally 2+ years experience with an e-commerce company
- Expert user of CRM platforms such as Klaviyo or Attentive, with experience building and optimizations campaigns and automations
- Expert Excel user, with extensive experience using marketing, sales and customer analytics platforms
- Highly analytical and extremely comfortable with data. Knows how to manipulate and synthesize raw data to extract actionable learnings
- Intuitive project manager who can build and organize well-defined deliverables to meet the goals of the marketing project
- You know e-commerce platforms like Shopify or Magento inside and out, and familiar with setting up and maintaining third-party apps on the website
Who You Are
- You’re like us! You’re a self-starter, a go-getter, and get-it-doner. You thrive in fast-paced environments and like getting your hands dirty.
- You have passion. Maybe you’re an amateur pinball player, a writer, a car enthusiast, a side hustler. You know what it’s like to deeply enjoy what you do and you embrace it.
- You have a sense of humor. You know life’s too short to take yourself too seriously.
Salary Range: In compliance with the New York City Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this role is between $110,000 - $135,000 in New York City. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.