Raycon is here to shake the consumer electronics industry to its core by proving that premium audio doesn’t have to price people out. By listening to our customers we’ve become one of the fastest-growing D2C brands out there (we’ve hit 2 million customers and on track to hit 3 million soon!). And best of all, we’re nowhere near finished.
Raycon is looking for a Program Manager to build out our roadmap and drive full end-to-end product ownership. This is an opportunity for a data-driven decision maker to apply their hardware development experience for maximum impact with a quickly growing and successful startup brand.
You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment and have strong interpersonal skills to manage and influence stakeholders in a positive way. You have an insatiable drive to make things better and are constantly focused on getting important deliverables out the door.
This full-time position includes a competitive base salary and benefits. The role will follow a Hybrid work schedule (2 days remote, 3 days at our New York City office). This candidate will report to the Director of Product.
What you'll accomplish...
- Creating a vision for the future of the Raycon product portfolio for both the current categories and things that we haven’t yet imagined
- Partnering deeply with the hardware organizations to build out the next set of experiences that build upon our product vision of creating the ultimate user experiences
- Driving KPIs, product requirements, strategic opportunities, user research testing, and external partner management
- Working with product marketing, sales, digital media, and data analytics teams to create product stories while maintaining a deep understanding of the competitive landscape
- Making the right trade-offs, escalating issues if required, and concisely reporting development progress, status, cross-team milestones, issues, and risk burn-down
- Developing product positioning and having an integral role in product pricing, feature sets and launch timing
- Deeply understanding the needs of customers to explore, identify and execute on strategic growth opportunities and build excellent product experiences
- A technical background in engineering, audio, or other project/product management field
- 3-5+ years of experience building and scaling products, preferably in the consumer electronics industry
- Direct experience in successfully managing multiple complex projects and have a deep understanding of engineering and product development. CAD or Industrial Design experience is a plus by not required.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- The ability to inspire. You are responsible for ensuring the company understands the "why" we’re building a product, and you guide the team to deliver effective, engaging and inspirational product visions that motivate the entire organization
- Natural problem solving skills. You’ve “Escaped the Room”. Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, data-driven and hands-on
- Proven track record of identifying customer and business needs and converting them into product requirements
- Passion. Maybe you’re an amateur pinball player, a writer, a home improvement DIY-er, a side hustler. You know what it’s like to be a go-getter and you embrace it
- Sense of humor. You know life’s too short to take yourself too seriously
We’re here to democratize technology and enable inspirational audio experiences for everyone around the world. We’ll do so by designing accessible products that are thoughtfully designed, affordable, and born of genuine consumer needs.
Growth Potential: Work in a $800B+ market and growing
- The consumer electronics industry is massive, global, and growing!
- More specifically, the wireless audio industry will soon grow to a $100B+ market with fast growth as new technology is introduced
- Raycon has hit 2m customers and on track this year to hit 2m customers