Rauxa is seeking a well-rounded PHP / WordPress Developer who has a passion for working on modern sites alongside a world class development team. The right candidate for this position will have good communication as well as technical skills and will work hard to always deliver a quality product. The ability to work with cross-functional teams in a rapidly growing environment is important.
*This is a freelance / temporary position, on-site in our office in NYC, approximately 40 hours/week, depending on workload.
What You’ll Do:
- Write well-structured CSS/SASS and HTML5 markup
- Build custom WordPress themes from scratch and well as expand existing custom themes
- Create CSS animations, transitions, and effects
- Build full sites
- Follow good version control practices like GitFlow methodology
- Work alongside talented front end and WordPress developers
- Collaborate and share knowledge, boosting the overall strength of the team
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a related field or equivalent work experience
- You have a deep understanding of Sass structures and use (mixins, variables, inheritance, etc.)
- You have a deep understanding of the DOM
- You are familiar with at least one CSS methodology like ITCSS, BEM, SMACSS
- You are familiar with smart breakpoint definition and use
- You are familiar with responsive behavior across all device sizes
- You are versed in frontend build systems like gulp, Webpack, babel, and the concepts of compiling, and transpiling ES6
- You are well versed in all major modern browser platforms and devices
- You have a working knowledge of at least one major framework. i.e. React, Vue.js, Angular, Ember
- You have a working Knowledge of PHP and how to interface with it as applied to WordPress templates
- You are familiar with asynchronous and progressive page and asset loading methods
- You have a deep understanding of the overall structure of code within WordPress; Custom themes, custom plugins, hooks, the loop, template hierarchy, etc.
- You have Node based package management experience
- You have experience creating custom post- types, taxonomies, page templates
- You have experience with Git (branching, PR workflows, code review, etc.)
- You are fluent and comfortable working in Agile workflows, Sprints, stories/epics, standups, etc.
- You have the ability and desire to adapt to new workflows on a per project basis
- You can weigh the pros/cons of different libraries and methods
- You have strong problem-solving abilities
- You are detail oriented
- You are self-reliant and self-sufficient
- If you have agency experience, that’s a plus
*A coding challenge will be administered as part of the interview process.