Rauxa is seeking an experienced, hands-on Architect who has a passion for designing and working on complex, enterprise software solutions. The right candidate for this position is a full stack developer with extensive experience in both front end and back end concepts. This person has great communication and technical skills, as well as experience working in an agency environment on enterprise grade projects.
We will consider candidates for our San Francisco, Irvine, or Culver City, CA offices. The position is ideally located in Irvine, CA.
What You'll Do:
- Be responsible for guiding, delivering and leading software solutions that address business/technical needs or challenges for our clients
- Be a seasoned veteran on technology consulting, cloud application design, implementation as well as leading teams and projects, and will have multiple successful implementations
- Be responsible for mentoring and delivering development teams that are in-house, near-shore or offshore
- Make occasional meaningful contributions to the code base
- Lead and provide expertise in one or more technical work streams critical to the overall product
- A champion of coding best practices, this person provides the development team with direct support, technical oversight and helps to resolve team impediments
- Lead architecture and design of high impact projects
- Provide hands-on development support to in-house, near-shore or offshore project teams.
- Review code for best practices, readability, and functional alignment with stated business goals.
- Work with business analysts and product owners to ensure technical translation of functional and non-functional requirements while balancing the needs for performance, scalability, reliability, time to market and overall timeline
- Articulate conceptual, logical and physical solutions on behalf of Rauxa for the development of a proposed solution
- Provide accurate estimates of effort required to develop and deploy a proposed technical solution
- Participate in client meetings and presentations to set expectations and to discuss client responsibilities, requirements, initiatives and concepts
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry and enterprise-wide trends and best practices
- Identify and manage risk on projects
- Contribute technical requirements to stories against the product roadmap
- Maintain architectural backlog of stories to improve business value in the product
- Help business teams assess feasibility and provide technical POV on stated goals
- Take ownership of process and execution of release and regression delivery cycles
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in concentrations of computer science, management information systems, computer engineering or closely related fields
- You have 7 or more years of work experience in multiple technology disciplines, software development, application architecture and deployment strategies
- You have 7 or more years working in an agile environment delivering software at scale
- You have experience in building and leading technical teams
- You have a background with distributed systems, databases and performance analysis
- You have experience with web technologies and AWS cloud services. Eg: API Gateway, Lambda, EC2, SQS, SNS etc.
- You have experience with NodeJS frameworks like Express or Sails
- You have deep understanding of front-end concepts and popular languages/libraries
- You have experience with unit and load testing methodologies
- You are familiar with infrastructure as code, experience with Terraform is a plus
- You have excellent communication and client management skills, with the ability to be a good listener, and fully understand a client business problem
- You have a deep understanding of Adobe AEM authoring tools and system designs
- You have general knowledge of Business Intelligence software packages
- You have a deep understanding of front-end concepts and popular languages/libraries