We are looking for a leader who can bring our fast-growing engineering team to the next level. You'll shape our product teams and work on growing cross-functional high-velocity teams. You'll lead a team of talented engineers with different seniority levels and you'll report to the Director of Engineering. Our stack is currently based on Python, React, and Docker - with lots of our code being open source.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Well-designed experiences are at the core of our mission—giving makers the tools to build AI assistants that work for everyone. As an Engineering Manager, you're crucial to scale our processes, culture and delivery. Things that you would do in this position are:
- Attract, hire, and grow top engineering talent. You’ll help them understand how to progress in their careers—both at Rasa and beyond. actively mentor and motivate your team. Planning ahead to scale the team with the companies needs.
- You’ll embody our core values and help your people live them too. You’ll provide clear communication, set actionable and achievable goals, and give timely feedback to help the team be their best selves.
- You will be responsible for our team’s ability to ship, establishing accountability and continuous feedback. In addition to your management role for your direct reports, you will be responsible for team processes and the delivery of cross-functional teams.
- You shouldn't shy away from being hands-on and you should feel comfortable diving into our codebase.
- You'll help your team to make decisions and drive them to be autonomous and self-reliant.
At Rasa, we think and work holistically, and we are obsessed with the overall user experience. We value experience and expertise as much as a passion to build great organisations. We recognise that every Engineering Manager has strengths in some areas and opportunities for growth in others. All are welcome to apply for this role.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You have a strong technical background, e.g. you have been a senior engineer before adventuring into management
- You have managed a team before and know how to coach your team members to ensure individual growth and excellent work.
- You communicate clearly, listen, and show empathy, and you can coach others to do the same.
It would be nice if:
- You have experience working on open source projects, enterprise software, or cloud native platforms.
- You are equally comfortable working at a whiteboard with the development team or a boardroom with executives.
- You are excited about applied machine learning in a fast-growing startup
THINGS YOU WILL DO
We’re a startup, so you’ll have to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to support our mission. However, you can definitely expect to:
- Take direct management responsibility for a growing team of engineers
- Even though this is a management position, you will contribute to our codebase from time to time
- Contribute to decisions about technology, strategy, and your team
- Mentor your team and help them level up through continuous feedback
- Actively seek out ways to become a better leader. Self-improvement is important at Rasa.
- Communicate effectively with other teams at Rasa about what you need from them and what they can expect from you.
Rasa supplies the standard infrastructure for conversational AI, providing the tools required to build better, more resilient contextual assistants. With more than 10 million downloads since launch, Rasa Open Source is loved by developers worldwide, with a friendly, fast-growing community learning from each other and working together to make better text- and voice-based AI assistants.
Rasa offers three key products in its suite of conversational AI offering. Rasa Open Source is the most popular open source software in conversational AI. Rasa X, released in 2019, is a free toolset that helps developers quickly improve and share an AI assistant built with Rasa Open Source. Rasa Enterprise is the company's commercial offering, providing an enterprise-grade platform for developing contextual assistants at scale. Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s, and provides the data privacy and security needed to enterprises of every size.
Rasa is privately held, with funding from Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Basis Set Ventures, and others. The company was founded in 2016 and has offices in Berlin, Germany and Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Flexible hours and a dedicated remote budget
- 1000 Euros personal development fund & 6 paid education days to help you grow within your role
- 26 days paid holiday per year
- A new Macbook, and other tech to help you to do your job
- We have regular remote team events, as well as regular remote social events
- 2 team offsites every year, our last one was 3 days in beautiful Brandenburg.