Humans use Rasa to teach AI assistants to hold conversations with people. We’re looking for a Group Product Manager to lead a team of talented PMs defining and delivering product interfaces and process workflows for the multidisciplinary teams that build these AI assistants.
ABOUT THIS JOB
Well-designed experiences are at the core of our mission—giving makers the tools to build AI assistants that work for everyone. As a Group Product Manager at Rasa, you’re crucial to our community’s and customers’ success.
First, you’ll exhibit the traits and values of a great PM:
- You’ll build empathy for our customers and their teams of developers, designers, data scientists, writers, product managers, business leaders, and more.
- You’ll balance technical, user, and business goals and make informed decisions about which products and features we ship and how they should work.
- You’ll practice the entire cycle of researching needs, exploring ideas, facilitating team discussions, scoping work, iterating to completion, and shipping new or improved features and functionality.
- You’ll work with a diverse and inclusive team of ‘Rasas’—from marketing and business development to machine learning research and customer success engineering—to help makers build AI assistants that everyone can use.
Second, you’ll be a mentor, role model, and enabler for the PMs you manage:
- You’ll embody our core values and help your people live them too.
- You’ll grow your PMs’ skills, expertise, and effectiveness. You’ll help them understand how to progress in their careers—both at Rasa and beyond.
- You’ll provide clear communication, set actionable and achievable goals, and give timely feedback to help them be their best selves.
- You’ll help recruit, interview, hire, and onboard new PMs for your team and the larger Product org.
- You’ll monitor the progress of your PMs and their squads. You’ll adjust scope, refine their mission, or expand their focus as needed.
- You’ll scale the product function at Rasa, evolve the practice, and find new ways to deliver against our goals.
Third, you’ll drive the strategic direction for one of several product domains:
- You’ll work closely with Product and Engineering leadership on prioritizing and shaping product initiatives.
- You’ll balance “the things you want to do” with “the things you have to do” to deliver high-quality software and compelling experiences.
- You’ll collaborate with your peers across the company to research, validate, align, and fulfill your product goals.
- You’ll contribute to the company strategy as a key member of the Product org.
At Rasa, we think and work holistically, and we are obsessed with the overall user experience. We value experience and expertise as much as interest and passion in conversational AI. We recognize that every Product Manager has strengths in some areas and opportunities for growth in others. All are welcome to apply for this role.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You have experience working in deeply technical domains.
- You’re a natural communicator and facilitator, capable of bringing diverse personalities and perspectives together to scope problems and shape solutions as a group.
- You can simultaneously focus on delivering positive outcomes, managing consistent output, and mitigating disruption and risk.
- You’re enthusiastic about great experiences, pragmatic when making tradeoffs, and able to work in quick iterations on long-term goals.
- You’re confident when sharing your perspective with peers and customers and humble enough to take constructive feedback to improve your understanding and approach.
It would be nice if:
- You have experience working on open source projects, enterprise software, or cloud native platforms.
- You have a nuanced understanding of Fortune 500 and Global 2000 processes and complex team dynamics and the ability to navigate them effectively.
- You are equally comfortable working at a whiteboard with the product development team or a boardroom with executives.
- You have experience with data visualisation, analytics, and integrations with other systems.
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements yet are confident that you’re up for the task, we want to know you!
Rasa supplies the standard infrastructure for conversational AI, providing the tools required to build better, more resilient contextual assistants. With more than 10 million downloads since launch, Rasa Open Source is loved by developers worldwide, with a friendly, fast-growing community learning from each other and working together to make better text- and voice-based AI assistants.
Rasa offers three key products in its suite of conversational AI offering. Rasa Open Source is the most popular open source software in conversational AI. Rasa X, released in 2019, is a free toolset that helps developers quickly improve and share an AI assistant built with Rasa Open Source. Rasa Enterprise is the company's commercial offering, providing an enterprise-grade platform for developing contextual assistants at scale. Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s, and provides the data privacy and security needed to enterprises of every size.
Rasa is privately held, with funding from Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Basis Set Ventures, and others. The company was founded in 2016 and has offices in Berlin, Germany and Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.