Rasa is looking for an experienced US-based People Leader to scale our People Function and to bring our fast-growing team and organization to the next level. We expect our new People Lead to be familiar with international culture and regulations and to be an expert on DEI since we want to scale our international, remote-first team, and want to become an industry leader in DEI.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for an experienced People Leader to take over and scale our People function. Things that you would do in this position are:
- Translate our culture and overall company strategy into a People Strategy and implement it to make sure our fast growing team scales successfully and sustainably.
- Manage and hire a People Team that acts as a strategic partner to our executive team and all managers at Rasa.
- Rasa’s objective is to become an industry leader in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. You would own that from the People side.
- This role reports to the VP, Operations and collaborates closely with Rasa’s Head of Talent Acquisition and the Leadership Team.
You are an experienced people leader who is passionate about building great organisations and coaching managers. Working with diverse, equitable, and inclusive teams is front and center of what you do and you are an expert in all aspects of DEI in an international context.
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, yet you are confident that you are up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you!
Who you are:
- You have accompanied a high growth team from 100 to >300 employees as a People Lead or working closely with the people lead.
- You have managed a team before and know how to coach your team members to ensure individual growth and excellent work.
- You know how to put organisation-wide processes in place that get the best out of people and ensure that they are happy with their jobs and the company.
- You have excellent knowledge of US labour law and know how to manage compliance in a multinational organisation.
- You have worked with executive stakeholders and are an excellent coach to senior managers.
- You have worked in an international environment and know how to address both the organisational as well as cultural challenges that come with a global and distributed team.
- You have a good understanding of People Analytics.
Nice to have:
- You have worked in a software company.
- You have worked in Europe for a while.
THINGS YOU WILL DO
We’re a startup, so you’ll have to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to support our mission. However, you can definitely expect to:
- Lead and grow the People team that currently consists of a people manager and an Organisational Development Manager.
- You act as a strategic partner to the senior leaders and help them to build high-performing, diverse, and inclusive teams.
- You act as a DEI advocate and help Rasa to become a industry leader in DEI.
- You will implement or improve systems and processes that ensure organisational excellence.
- You own learning & development and make sure that everyone at Rasa knows what career progression and personal growth can look like for them.
- You put systems in place that allow us to employ and manage a global remote-first workforce and ensure compliance with local regulations.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Flexible hours and a dedicated remote budget
- You will have unlimited PTO, but you must take 2 weeks off in a row once a year. We want you to relax on holiday! No slack, no emails The team will take care of your responsibilities while you are on vacation
- $1000 personal development fund to help you grow within your role + 6 paid education days a year
- A new Macbook, and other Tech to help you to do your job
- 4 months paid parental leave and additional unpaid months
- Full Healthcare coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) + 4% match
- Regular remote team events, as well as remote social events
- Paid trips to Berlin
Rasa supplies the standard infrastructure for conversational AI, providing the tools required to build better, more resilient contextual assistants. With more than 3 million downloads since launch, Rasa Open Source is loved by developers worldwide, with a friendly, fast-growing community learning from each other and working together to make better text- and voice-based AI assistants.
Rasa offers three key products in its suite of conversational AI offering. Rasa Open Source is the most popular open source software in conversational AI. Rasa X, released in 2019, is a free toolset that helps developers quickly improve and share an AI assistant built with Rasa Open Source. Rasa Enterprise is the company's commercial offering, providing an enterprise-grade platform for developing contextual assistants at scale. Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s, and provides the data privacy and security needed to enterprises of every size.
Rasa is privately held, with funding from Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Basis Set Ventures, and others. The company was founded in 2016 and has offices in Berlin, Germany and Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.