We are looking for a leader who can bring our fast-growing infrastructure team to the next level. You'll be setting the direction for our infrastructure team and report to the Director of Engineering. Your team will have a mix of SecDevOps, QA, and productivity engineers. Our stack is Python, React, and Docker (via k8s, openshift, etc) and a lot of our code is open source.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are a highly technical company and are looking for a technically experienced Leader to take over and scale our infrastructure team. Things that you would do in this position are:
- Setting the direction of the infrastructure team and manage a team of engineers (SecDevOps, QA and productivity engineers).
- Attract, hire, and grow top engineering talent; actively mentor and motivate your team. Planning ahead to scale the team with the companies needs
- You will be responsible for our infrastructure and automation strategy.
- Help your team make decisions and drive them to be autonomous and self-reliant.
You are a technical leader who is passionate about building great organisations. Working together with a skill-diverse team you guide them to solve technical challenges and plan ahead to grow the team.
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, yet you are confident that you are up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you!
- You have a strong technical background, e.g. you have been a senior engineer before adventuring into management
- You have managed a team before and know how to coach your team members to ensure individual growth and excellent work.
- You communicate clearly, listen, and show empathy, and can coach others to do the same
- You are proficient with a broad range of technologies and able to acquire new ones quickly
- You are excited about applied machine learning in a fast-growing startup
Nice to have:
- Experience building infrastructure for a SaaS from scratch
THINGS YOU WILL DO
We’re a startup, so you’ll have to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to support our mission. However, you can definitely expect to:
- Take responsibility for a growing team of engineers
- Even though this is a management position, you will regularly contribute to our codebase
- Make decisions about technology, strategy, and your team
- Mentor your team and help them level up through continuous feedback
- Actively seek out ways to become a better leader. Self-improvement is important at Rasa.
- Communicate effectively with other teams at Rasa about what you need from them and what they can expect from you.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Flexible hours, work from home when you need to
- 1000 euros personal development fund to help you grow within your role
- 26 days paid holiday per year
- A new Macbook, and other Tech to help you to do your job
- We have regular team events, as well as regular social events
- 2 team offsites every year, our last one was 3 days in beautiful Brandenburg.
Rasa supplies the standard infrastructure for conversational AI, providing the tools required to build better, more resilient contextual assistants. With more than 3 million downloads since launch, Rasa Open Source is loved by developers worldwide, with a friendly, fast-growing community learning from each other and working together to make better text- and voice-based AI assistants.
Rasa offers three key products in its suite of conversational AI offering. Rasa Open Source is the most popular open source software in conversational AI. Rasa X, released in 2019, is a free toolset that helps developers quickly improve and share an AI assistant built with Rasa Open Source. Rasa Enterprise is the company's commercial offering, providing an enterprise-grade platform for developing contextual assistants at scale. Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s, and provides the data privacy and security needed to enterprises of every size.
Rasa is privately held, with funding from Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Basis Set Ventures, and others. The company was founded in 2016 and has offices in Berlin, Germany and Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.