Developer Community is the core of what we do at Rasa. We are looking for a passionate Developer Advocate to help us educate, grow and support our developer community around the world, primarily focusing on Mandarin - speaking developers.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Rasa community is growing very fast and now consists of tens of thousands of conversational AI enthusiasts from all around the world who are actively engaging and contributing to our open source software. Just like us, they believe in a mission of empowering developers to build AI that works for everyone through the open source tools. We are looking for a driven Developer Advocate who will help us educate and grow our developer community around the world.
As a Developer Advocate you will work closely with our Developer Relations team in creating written and video developer education content, working on cutting edge projects using Rasa and other developer tools, speaking at conferences and developer meetups around the world. You will help us better understand the Mandarin-speaking conversational AI developer market and grow our community in this region as well as globally.
WHAT OUR DEVELOPER RELATIONS TEAM HAVE BEEN UP TO?
Our DevRel team is a group of developer advocates, research advocates and community managers who are doing a great work in creating engaging developer education content and running community engagement activities. The developer education content spans through a variety of topics and formats including technical tutorials on the Rasa blog, livecoding events, video tutorials, deep dives into research topics and machine learning behind Rasa as well as open courses like Rasa Masterclass.
We are looking for someone to bring new ideas and help us scale these initiatives going forward.
You are excited about AI assistants, machine learning and letting people interact with machines through text and speech. You like educating others on challenging topics and building healthy and engaged developer communities. You enjoy tinkering around, trying new technologies and sharing your experience with the community through the written, video content or public speaking events. You are a dedicated self-starter who works well with little supervision and can take full ownership of community growth paths.
- Advanced knowledge in Python
- Industry experience in applying machine learning algorithms on various problems (NLP and conversational AI is a plus)
- Experience in public speaking and/or technical writing
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain complex ideas, algorithms, and technologies to diverse audiences
- Experience in building or engaging with developer communities is a plus
- Ready to travel to developer conferences and events 20-30% of your working time (post-covid times)
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, yet you are confident that you are up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you!
THINGS YOU WILL DO
We’re a startup, so you’ll have to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to support our mission. However, you can definitely expect to:
- Create technical developer education content primarily in English and Mandarin
- Build projects with Rasa and other cutting edge tools and share your experience with the community
- Talk at developer conferences and meetups oriented to Mandarin - speaking developers
- Engage and support our developer community and run various initiatives that help to keep the community engaged
- Help us build up the community growth strategy in Mandarin - speaking developer market
- Work closely with the engineering and product teams to help design, launch and support developer tools
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Flexible hours and a dedicated remote budget
- 1000 Euros personal development fund & 6 paid education days to help you grow within your role
- 26 days paid holiday per year
- A new Macbook, and other tech to help you to do your job
- We have regular remote team events, as well as regular remote social events
- 2 team offsites every year, our last one was 3 days in beautiful Brandenburg.
Rasa supplies the standard infrastructure for conversational AI, providing the tools required to build better, more resilient contextual assistants. With more than 3 million downloads since launch, Rasa Open Source is loved by developers worldwide, with a friendly, fast-growing community learning from each other and working together to make better text- and voice-based AI assistants.
Rasa offers three key products in its suite of conversational AI offering. Rasa Open Source is the most popular open source software in conversational AI. Rasa X, released in 2019, is a free toolset that helps developers quickly improve and share an AI assistant built with Rasa Open Source. Rasa Enterprise is the company's commercial offering, providing an enterprise-grade platform for developing contextual assistants at scale. Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s, and provides the data privacy and security needed to enterprises of every size.
Rasa is privately held, with funding from Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Basis Set Ventures, and others. The company was founded in 2016 and has offices in Berlin, Germany and Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.