Humans use Rasa to teach AI assistants how to understand language and hold conversations. We’re looking for a Product Designer to help us design product interfaces and process workflows for the multidisciplinary teams that build these AI assistants.
ABOUT THIS JOB
Well-designed experiences are at the core of our mission—giving makers the tools to build AI assistants that work for everyone. As a Senior Product Designer at Rasa, you’re crucial to our customers’ and our business’s success.
- You’ll build empathy for our customers and their teams of developers, designers, data scientists, writers, product managers, business leaders, and more.
- You’ll practice the full cycle of researching needs, exploring ideas, creating mockups, testing with users, and delivering final designs for new or improved features and functionality.
- You’ll use your comfort with technical domains to make tools that feel familiar to developers.
- You’ll work closely with your peers in design, product management, and engineering to see your work through release, adoption, and successful use.
- You’ll join a diverse and inclusive team of ‘Rasas’—from marketing and business development to machine learning research and customer success engineering—to help makers build AI assistants that everyone can use.
- You’ll help bring natural language interfaces to people and cultures worldwide, creating a technical revolution that everyone can participate in and benefit from.
At Rasa, we think and work holistically, and we care deeply about the overall user experience. We value experience and expertise as much as interest and passion in conversational AI. We recognize that every designer has strengths in some areas and opportunities for growth in others. All are welcome to apply for this role.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You have experience designing new products or adding new features to existing ones. You can show us examples of how you took an idea or solved a problem and successfully shipped something significant.
- You thoroughly document your work, synthesize your insights, and surface meaningful data points for your peers in product and design and other members of the development team.
- You’re confident when sharing your work and humble enough to take constructive feedback to improve your understanding and approach.
- You can effectively communicate and collaborate with teammates who aren’t designers, like engineers, researchers, and more.
- You can balance technical, user, and business needs and make informed decisions about how the user experience should work.
- You’re comfortable with tools like Figma and can iterate quickly on your designs solo or in partnership with your design peers.
It would be nice if:
- You have experience working on open source projects, enterprise software, or cloud native platforms.
- You have a nuanced understanding of big company processes and complex team dynamics and the ability to navigate them effectively.
- You are equally comfortable working at a white-board with the product development team or a boardroom with executives.
- You’re familiar with creating or working with design systems.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Flexible hours and a dedicated remote budget
- 1000 Euros personal development fund & 6 paid education days to help you grow within your role
- 26 days paid holiday per year
- A new Macbook, and other tech to help you to do your job
- We have regular remote team events, as well as regular remote social events
- 2 team offsites every year, our last one was 3 days in beautiful Brandenburg
Rasa supplies the standard infrastructure for conversational AI, providing the tools required to build better, more resilient contextual assistants. With more than 10 million downloads since launch, Rasa Open Source is loved by developers worldwide, with a friendly, fast-growing community learning from each other and working together to make better text- and voice-based AI assistants.
Rasa offers three key products in its suite of conversational AI offering. Rasa Open Source is the most popular open source software in conversational AI. Rasa X, released in 2019, is a free toolset that helps developers quickly improve and share an AI assistant built with Rasa Open Source. Rasa Enterprise is the company's commercial offering, providing an enterprise-grade platform for developing contextual assistants at scale. Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s, and provides the data privacy and security needed to enterprises of every size.
Rasa is privately held, with funding from Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Basis Set Ventures, and others. The company was founded in 2016 and has offices in Berlin, Germany and Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.