We are looking for a DevOps engineer who combines technical, communication, and analytical capabilities and who will have the opportunity to design and develop creative, compelling, and cutting-edge systems that support our mission.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
DevOps at Rasa is not only about shipping code. You'll have to come up with good infrastructural designs, reliable deployments, and break an ambitious long-term vision down into milestones and issues.
Our application is deployed on-premise by our customers and needs to run in different environments. In addition to these enterprise deployments, we also need to support a large community of developers relying on the large parts of our codebase which are open source.
We do fundamental machine learning research, and we ship commercial quality software that puts it to use. We mostly work in Python, but dip into other languages when it makes sense to. We are a tight-knit team with a focus on exchanging knowledge and enabling each other to do our best. One of your responsibilities will be to ship these machine learning applications into production as well as enabling the team to do so on their own.
For a closer glimpse of what DevOps looks like at Rasa, check out this blog post.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer who combines technical, communication, and analytical capabilities and who will have the opportunity to design and develop compelling, and cutting-edge systems that support our mission.
- You deeply care about automation and reliability.
- You're comfortable being lean and you fix problems without waiting for someone to tell you to
- You take pride in teaching and learning from teammates, and enjoy constructive peer review in a respectful environment.
- You can effectively communicate what you’re working on with team members outside the development team.
- You thrive in an inclusive and supportive environment, working with people from diverse backgrounds
- You value autonomy and transparency
- Experience in deployment systems and container software (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience in site-reliability engineering (on-call and incident response).
- Worked with large-scale production environments.
- Experience working with Python or another programming language.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate technological challenges.
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, yet you are passionate about this role: we absolutely want to get to know you!
THINGS YOU WILL DO
We’re a startup, so you’ll have to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to support our mission. However, you can definitely expect to:
- Deploy, test & build infrastructure to support machine learning training, prediction and annotation.
- Improve the scalability & performance of backend services for our enterprise customers which are handling high loads.
- Develop and participate in an on-call rotation.
- Educate the team on trends and developments in e.g. containerization, testing or scalability.
- Work on our open source projects alongside our large contributor base and community.
- Work with driven people across all areas of the company—from marketing and business development to machine learning research and UX design—to create the tools to let all makers build AI assistants that everyone can use.
- Navigate our tech stack: TypeScript, React, Python3, Redis, RabbitMQ, Postgres, GitHub Actions, Kubernetes, GCP among other technologies and frameworks
- Automate our infrastructure and follow IaaC and GitOps practices
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Flexible hours and a dedicated remote budget
- 1000 Euros personal development fund & 6 paid education days to help you grow within your role
- 26 days paid holiday per year
- A new Macbook, and other tech to help you to do your job
- We have regular remote team events, as well as regular remote social events
- 2 team offsites every year, our last one was 3 days in beautiful Brandenburg.
Rasa supplies the standard infrastructure for conversational AI, providing the tools required to build better, more resilient contextual assistants. With more than 3 million downloads since launch, Rasa Open Source is loved by developers worldwide, with a friendly, fast-growing community learning from each other and working together to make better text- and voice-based AI assistants.
Rasa offers three key products in its suite of conversational AI offering. Rasa Open Source is the most popular open source software in conversational AI. Rasa X, released in 2019, is a free toolset that helps developers quickly improve and share an AI assistant built with Rasa Open Source. Rasa Enterprise is the company's commercial offering, providing an enterprise-grade platform for developing contextual assistants at scale. Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s, and provides the data privacy and security needed to enterprises of every size.
Rasa is privately held, with funding from Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Basis Set Ventures, and others. The company was founded in 2016 and has offices in Berlin, Germany and Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.