Software Engineering at Rasa is about closing the gap between machine learning research and engineering. You will contribute to our internal integrations, and automate data processing around telemetry and analytics. You will work together with Engineering and Revenue Operations to support data initiatives across multiple technologies and databases.
We do fundamental machine learning research, and we ship commercial quality software that puts it to use. We mostly work in Python, but dip into other languages when it makes sense to. We are a tight-knit team with a focus on exchanging knowledge and enabling each other to do our best.
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, yet you are confident that you are up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you!
- You are driven by an urge to make sure software runs properly. You want to help engineers spend their time moving a project forward instead of fixing issues
- You enjoy digging into existing automation code and improving tooling that can be used by everyone
- You take pride in learning from teammates and enjoy constructive peer review in a respectful environment
- You're comfortable being lean and fixing problems without waiting for someone to tell you to
- You can effectively communicate what you’re working on - when you are faced with issues during your work you know when to reach out for help
- Experience in software development working with Python
- Experience with SQL / dealing with at least 1 type of database (PostgreSQL, MySQL, ...)
- Experience in debugging and ability to think abstractly when dealing with complex datasets
- Ability to wrap your head around new topics and diving into details
Navigate our tech stack: Python3, TypeScript, React, Redis, RabbitMQ, Postgres, GitHub Actions, Kubernetes, GCP among other technologies and frameworks.
THINGS YOU WILL DO
We’re a startup, so you’ll have to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to support our mission. However, you can definitely expect to:
- Working hands-on, together with the other engineers within the team - to ensure good design and development of vital internal automation
- Design and develop automated checks using current telemetry and analytics
- Maintain existing data integrations and improve them with further automation and increased accuracy
- Work with Revenue Operations and adjacent departments to support data initiatives across multiple databases and integrate with Segment (via python scripting)
- Write SQL views, queries, and other scripts to visualise data easily across multiple databases
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Flexible hours and a dedicated remote budget
- 500 Euros personal development fund & paid education days to help you grow within your role
- 13 days paid holiday per year (when working 20 hr/week)
- A new Macbook, and other tech to help you to do your job
- We have regular remote team events, as well as regular remote social events
- 2 team offsites every year, our last one was 3 days in beautiful Brandenburg.
Rasa supplies the standard infrastructure for conversational AI, providing the tools required to build better, more resilient contextual assistants. With more than 10 million downloads since launch, Rasa Open Source is loved by developers worldwide, with a friendly, fast-growing community learning from each other and working together to make better text- and voice-based AI assistants.
Rasa offers three key products in its suite of conversational AI offering. Rasa Open Source is the most popular open source software in conversational AI. Rasa X, released in 2019, is a free toolset that helps developers quickly improve and share an AI assistant built with Rasa Open Source. Rasa Enterprise is the company's commercial offering, providing an enterprise-grade platform for developing contextual assistants at scale. Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s, and provides the data privacy and security needed to enterprises of every size.
Rasa is privately held, with funding from Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Basis Set Ventures, and others. The company was founded in 2016 and has offices in Berlin, Germany and Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.