We're scaling our Sales Engineering team and looking for great people to be technical liaisons for our Sales team. You will be working closely with our Account Executives to help knock down any technical barriers to the adoption of Rasa’s products and present our technology to solve enterprise prospect’s critical business challenges. You will also guide key accounts through the proof of concept or evaluation process, which can involve building demos, giving technical presentations or helping with an architecture review.
As a Remote first company, we believe that the internet is where the work happens, an office is just somewhere you can connect to the internet. We believe that everyone can make a difference at Rasa no matter where they are based. If you would like to work in an office then we have R&D offices in Berlin, Germany, and in Edinburgh, UK. But our focus is to continue to build our team remotely across the UK and Germany and North America.
Being a Sales Engineer requires flexibility above all. On any given day, we speak with future customers, build out proofs of concept that show just what Rasa can do, or give a workshop on our products. Our priorities are determined by a single question: will this help our prospects to be more successful and is Rasa the right choice for them?
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, yet you are confident that you are up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you!
THINGS YOU WILL DO
We’re a startup, so you’ll have to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to support our mission. However, you can definitely expect to:
- Engage with enterprise prospects by presenting Rasa’s technology while addressing any technical questions or concerns that come up during the sales cycle
- Develop a deep understanding of Rasa’s products and technology and work closely with the Product and Sales teams to resolve technical blockers
- Educate prospects on Rasa’s products and how to practice Conversation Driven Development
- Build a demo assistant to showcase our technology for a prospects use case
- Ensure that the proof of concept or evaluation process of the enterprise prospect is going smoothly
- Collect market insights and product feedback from conversations with prospects and pass them on to the product team
- 4+ Years in a customer facing role (Sales/Solutions Engineer or similar)
- Experience in Software Engineering through a previous role or education
- You should be comfortable with at least one programming language (ideally python)
- Great presentation skills with the ability to speak in front of audiences both large and small
- Strong desire to help people, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time (post Covid-19)
Nice to have:
- Experience in working with Fortune 500 companies
- Understanding of Open Source technology
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Understanding of Machine Learning and the conversational AI domain
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Flexible hours and a dedicated remote budget
- 1000 Euro’s personal development fund & 6 paid education days to help you grow within your role
- 26 days paid holiday per year
- A new Macbook, and other Tech to help you to do your job
- We have regular remote team events, as well as regular remote social events
- 2 team offsites every year, our last one was 3 days in beautiful Brandenburg
Rasa supplies the standard infrastructure for conversational AI, providing the tools required to build better, more resilient contextual assistants. With more than 10 million downloads since launch, Rasa Open Source is loved by developers worldwide, with a friendly, fast-growing community learning from each other and working together to make better text- and voice-based AI assistants.
Rasa offers three key products in its suite of conversational AI offering. Rasa Open Source is the most popular open source software in conversational AI. Rasa X, released in 2019, is a free toolset that helps developers quickly improve and share an AI assistant built with Rasa Open Source. Rasa Enterprise is the company's commercial offering, providing an enterprise-grade platform for developing contextual assistants at scale. Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s, and provides the data privacy and security needed to enterprises of every size.
Rasa is privately held, with funding from Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Basis Set Ventures, and others. The company was founded in 2016 and has offices in Berlin, Germany and Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.