We're scaling our Sales Engineering team and looking for great people to be technical liaisons for our Sales team. You will be working closely with our Account Executives to help knock down any technical barriers to the adoption of Rasa’s products and present our technology to solve enterprise prospect’s critical business challenges. You will also guide key accounts through the proof of concept or evaluation process, which can involve building demos, giving technical presentations or helping with an architecture review.
As a Remote first company, we believe that the internet is where the work happens, an office is just somewhere you can connect to the internet. We believe that everyone can make a difference at Rasa no matter where they are based. If you would like to work in an office then we have R&D offices in Berlin, Germany, and in Edinburgh, UK. But our focus is to continue to build our team remotely across the UK and Germany and North America.
Being a Sales Engineer requires flexibility above all. On any given day, we speak with future customers, build out proofs of concept that show just what Rasa can do, or give a workshop on our products. Our priorities are determined by a single question: will this help our prospects to be more successful and is Rasa the right choice for them?
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, yet you are confident that you are up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you!
THINGS YOU WILL DO
We’re a startup, so you’ll have to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to support our mission. However, you can definitely expect to:
- Engage with enterprise prospects by presenting Rasa’s technology while addressing any technical questions or concerns that come up during the sales cycle
- Develop a deep understanding of Rasa’s products and technology and work closely with the Product and Sales teams to resolve technical blockers
- Educate prospects on Rasa’s products and how to practice Conversation Driven Development
- Build a demo assistant to showcase our technology for a prospects use case
- Ensure that the proof of concept or evaluation process of the enterprise prospect is going smoothly
- Collect market insights and product feedback from conversations with prospects and pass them on to the product team
- 4+ Years in a customer facing role (Sales/Solutions Engineer or similar)
- Experience in Software Engineering through a previous role or education
- You should be comfortable with at least one programming language (ideally python)
- Great presentation skills with the ability to speak in front of audiences both large and small
- Strong desire to help people, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time (post Covid-19)
Nice to have:
- Experience in working with Fortune 500 companies
- Understanding of Open Source technology
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Understanding of Machine Learning and the conversational AI domain
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Flexible hours and a dedicated remote budget
- 1000 Euro’s personal development fund & 6 paid education days to help you grow within your role
- 26 days paid holiday per year
- A new Macbook, and other Tech to help you to do your job
- We have regular remote team events, as well as regular remote social events
- 2 team offsites every year, our last one was 3 days in beautiful Brandenburg
At Rasa, we're building the standard infrastructure for conversational AI. With over half a million downloads since launch, our open source tools are loved by developers worldwide, and Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s. Our friendly community is growing fast, with developers from all over the world learning from each other and working together to make text- and voice-based AI assistants better.
Rasa's machine learning-based dialogue tools allow developers to automate contextual conversations. What are contextual conversations? Real back-and-forth dialogue that is handled seamlessly. Taking AI assistants beyond fixed question / answer pairs creates exciting new use cases for people and business. The tip of the iceberg includes automation of sales & marketing, internal processes, and advanced customer service that integrates into existing backend systems. With Rasa, companies control their own destiny, investing in AI that they own and ship instead of relying on third parties.
Rasa has raised $14 million in total funding from Accel, Basis Set Ventures and open source founders such as Ross Mason (MuleSoft), Mitchell Hashimoto (Hashicorp) and Florian Leibert (Mesosphere). The company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with R&D offices in Berlin, Germany and was founded in 2016.
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.