We are looking for a DevOps engineer who combines technical, communication, and analytical capabilities and who will have the opportunity to develop creative, compelling, and cutting-edge systems that support our mission.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
DevOps at Rasa is not only about shipping code. You'll have to implement good infrastructural designs and reliable deployments.
Our application is deployed on-premise by our customers and needs to run in different environments. In addition to these enterprise deployments, we also need to support a large community of developers relying on the large parts of our code base which are open source.
We do fundamental machine learning research, and we ship commercial quality software that puts it to use. We mostly work in Python, but dip into other languages when it makes sense to. We are a tight-knit team with a focus on exchanging knowledge and enabling each other to do our best. One of your responsibilities will be to ship these machine learning applications into production as well as enabling the team to do so on their own.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer who combines technical, communication, and analytical capabilities and who will have the opportunity to implement compelling, and cutting-edge systems that support our mission.
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, yet you are confident that you are up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you!
- You take pride in teaching and learning from teammates, and enjoy constructive peer review in a respectful environment.
- You're obsessed with automation, reproducibility and reliability.
- You can effectively communicate what you’re working on with team members outside the development team.
- Experience in deployment systems and container software (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience in debugging and monitoring production systems.
- Experience working with Python or another programming language.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate technological challenges.
THINGS YOU WILL DO
We’re a startup, so you’ll have to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to support our mission. However, you can definitely expect to:
- Deploy, test & build infrastructure to support machine learning training, prediction and annotation.
- Improve the scalability & performance of backend services for our enterprise customers which are handling high loads.
- Support the team in following trends and developments in e.g. containerization, testing or scalability.
- Work on our open source projects alongside our large contributor base and community.
- Work with driven people across all areas of the company—from marketing and business development to machine learning research and UX design—to create the tools to let all makers build AI assistants that everyone can use.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Flexible hours, work from home when you need to
- 1000 Euro’s personal development fund to help you grow within your role
- 26 days paid holiday per year
- A new Macbook, and other Tech to help you to do your job
- Your choice of snacks, fresh fruits + drinks at the office
- We have regular team events, as well as regular social events
- 2 team offsites every year, our last one was 3 days in beautiful Brandenburg
At Rasa, we're building the standard infrastructure for conversational AI. With over half a million downloads since launch, our open source tools are loved by developers worldwide, and Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s. Our friendly community is growing fast, with developers from all over the world learning from each other and working together to make text- and voice-based AI assistants better.
Rasa's machine learning-based dialogue tools allow developers to automate contextual conversations. What are contextual conversations? Real back-and-forth dialogue that is handled seamlessly. Taking AI assistants beyond fixed question / answer pairs creates exciting new use cases for people and business. The tip of the iceberg includes automation of sales & marketing, internal processes, and advanced customer service that integrates into existing backend systems. With Rasa, companies control their own destiny, investing in AI that they own and ship instead of relying on third parties.
Rasa has raised $14 million in total funding from Accel, Basis Set Ventures and open source founders such as Ross Mason (MuleSoft), Mitchell Hashimoto (Hashicorp) and Florian Leibert (Mesosphere). The company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with R&D offices in Berlin, Germany and was founded in 2016.
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.