We are looking for a part-time software engineer to support our open source development. You will be able to test your theoretical knowledge and apply it to real-world challenges.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Software Engineering at Rasa is about closing the gap between machine learning research and engineering. You will contribute to our open-source projects and help to understand our users needs. You will work together with machine learning researchers to put machine learning models into practice, to tweak them to our users needs and to debug them if things go wrong.
We do fundamental machine learning research, and we ship commercial quality software that puts it to use. We mostly work in Python, but dip into other languages when it makes sense to. We are a tight-knit team with a focus on exchanging knowledge and enabling each other to do our best.
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, yet you are confident that you are up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you!
- You take pride in learning from teammates and enjoy constructive peer review in a respectful environment.
- You're comfortable being lean and fixing problems without waiting for someone to tell you to.
- You can effectively communicate what you’re working on - when you are faced with issues during your work you know when to reach out for help.
- Experience in software development working with Python or another programming language.
- Experience in debugging and digging into code bugs.
- Ability to wrap your head around new topics and diving into details.
THINGS YOU WILL DO
We’re a startup, so you’ll have to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to support our mission. However, you can definitely expect to:
- Develop features and work on bugs in our open-source framework.
- Support our open source community reviewing and interacting with our community members.
- Work with driven people across all areas of the company—from marketing and business development to machine learning research and UX design—to create the tools to let all makers build AI assistants that everyone can use.
Navigate our tech stack: Python3, TypeScript, React, Redis, RabbitMQ, Postgres, GitHub Actions, Kubernetes, GCP among other technologies and frameworks.
Rasa supplies the standard infrastructure for conversational AI, providing the tools required to build better, more resilient contextual assistants. With more than 3 million downloads since launch, Rasa Open Source is loved by developers worldwide, with a friendly, fast-growing community learning from each other and working together to make better text- and voice-based AI assistants.
Rasa offers three key products in its suite of conversational AI offering. Rasa Open Source is the most popular open source software in conversational AI. Rasa X, released in 2019, is a free toolset that helps developers quickly improve and share an AI assistant built with Rasa Open Source. Rasa Enterprise is the company's commercial offering, providing an enterprise-grade platform for developing contextual assistants at scale. Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s, and provides the data privacy and security needed to enterprises of every size.
Rasa is privately held, with funding from Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Basis Set Ventures, and others. The company was founded in 2016 and has offices in Berlin, Germany and Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.