We are looking for a Head of Finance to join Rasa as a founding member of the finance team in our headquarters in San Francisco. The role will help Rasa’s board and leadership to make informed decisions during a phase of fast growth on financial KPIs. As well as preparing us for future opportunities
About this role
We are looking for an ambitious Head of Finance to play a significant role in our fast-growing company. As the founding member of our finance team, you will get a lot of freedom to implement new and efficient processes.
As Head of Finance, you will make sure that we have the infrastructure in place to help with our accelerated growth and to help us scale even faster. You will also be a key component in our potential future funding rounds, and when also accessing new markets. You understand the challenges that come with running an open-source software license business with entities in different countries (so far, Rasa has a subsidiary in Germany) and make sure you find the appropriate tools to present the data in a way that helps our board and our leadership team make better, more informed decisions.
You are an experienced self-starter who works well with little supervision.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of FP&A experience around high growth tech companies
- Excellent understanding of enterprise software, commercial open source or SaaS business metrics and models
- Experience scaling a rapidly growing startup
- Ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information
- Organized and responsive to tight deadlines
- Based in the Bay Area or willing to relocate
Nice to have:
- Experience in a commercial open-source software company
- Background in investment banking or consulting
Things you will do
We’re a startup, so you’ll have to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to support our mission. However, you can definitely expect to:
- Prepare strategic analysis of Rasa’s business to facilitate fact-based decision making
- Develop the team’s reporting including monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc analysis of key performance metrics and expenses
- Reconcile and forecast billings for deferred revenue and cash flow guidance
- Take care of the budget planning
- Support CEO on investor relations
- You work closely with our lawyers and sales team to make sure our commercial contracts fulfill our needs
- Oversee all business insurance plans, ensuring that they meet all company needs and mitigate risk
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements and reporting are met
- Stay current with the latest enterprise software industry trends and corresponding metrics
At Rasa, we're building the standard infrastructure for conversational AI. With over half a million downloads since launch, our open source tools are loved by developers worldwide, and Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s. Our friendly community is growing fast, with developers from all over the world learning from each other and working together to make text- and voice-based AI assistants better.
Rasa's machine learning-based dialogue tools allow developers to automate contextual conversations. What are contextual conversations? Real back-and-forth dialogue that is handled seamlessly. Taking AI assistants beyond fixed question / answer pairs creates exciting new use cases for people and business. The tip of the iceberg includes automation of sales & marketing, internal processes, and advanced customer service that integrates into existing backend systems. With Rasa, companies control their own destiny, investing in AI that they own and ship instead of relying on third parties.
Rasa has raised $14 million in total funding from Accel, Basis Set Ventures and open source founders such as Ross Mason (MuleSoft), Mitchell Hashimoto (Hashicorp) and Florian Leibert (Mesosphere). The company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with R&D offices in Berlin, Germany and was founded in 2016.
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.