We are looking for a frontend engineering manager who can manage a team of 5-8 engineers. You should be comfortable to contribute to our codebase from time to time. You’ll be reporting to the director of engineering and working alongside other team managers. Our stack is based on React, Python, and docker (via k8s, openshift, etc) and a lot of our code is open source.
As a Remote first company, we believe that the internet is where the work happens, an office is just somewhere you can connect to the internet. We believe that everyone can make a difference at Rasa no matter where they are based. If you would like to work in an office then we have R&D offices in Berlin, Germany, and in Edinburgh, UK. But our focus is to continue to build our team remotely across the UK and Germany.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
- As an engineering manager, your main focus is on hiring, growing and retaining engineering talent. Nevertheless, you will also need to contribute to the codebase from time to time.
- You can motivate others to reach their potential and you are responsible for your team’s ability to ship, holding them accountability while providing continuous feedback
- You’ll coordinate agreements about our used technologies and about your team’s structure and processes.
- You help your team make choices and you drive them to be self-supporting. You’ll mentor and motivate them to achieve their goals.
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, yet you are passionate about this role: we absolutely want to get to know you!
- You’re a strong communicator and educator
- You have experience managing a team of engineers.
- You communicate clearly, listen, and show empathy, and can coach others to do the same
- You have at least 3 years experience as a senior software engineer with a focus on frontend development
- You are excited about applied machine learning
- You want to work in a fast-growing startup
THINGS YOU WILL DO
We’re a startup, so you’ll have to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to support our mission. However, you can definitely expect to:
- Take responsibility for a team of 5-8 engineers
- Contribute to our codebase, including the rasa open-source framework
- Drive discussions about technology, architecture, and your team
- Mentor your team and help them level up through continuous feedback
- Collaborate with other team managers to support cross-team alignment
- Communicate effectively with other teams at Rasa about what you need from them and what they can expect from you
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Flexible hours, work from home when you need to
- 1000 euros personal development fund to help you grow within your role
- 26 days paid holiday per year
- A new Macbook, and other Tech to help you to do your job
- We have regular team events, as well as regular social events
- 2 team offsites every year, our last one was 3 days in beautiful Brandenburg.
Rasa supplies the standard infrastructure for conversational AI, providing the tools required to build better, more resilient contextual assistants. With more than 3 million downloads since launch, Rasa Open Source is loved by developers worldwide, with a friendly, fast-growing community learning from each other and working together to make better text- and voice-based AI assistants.
Rasa offers three key products in its suite of conversational AI offering. Rasa Open Source is the most popular open source software in conversational AI. Rasa X, released in 2019, is a free toolset that helps developers quickly improve and share an AI assistant built with Rasa Open Source. Rasa Enterprise is the company's commercial offering, providing an enterprise-grade platform for developing contextual assistants at scale. Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s, and provides the data privacy and security needed to enterprises of every size.
Rasa is privately held, with funding from Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Basis Set Ventures, and others. The company was founded in 2016 and has offices in Berlin, Germany and Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.