SUMMARYRasa’s tools are used by humans to teach AI assistants how to understand language and hold conversations. We’re looking for a product designer to help us design experiences for developers.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
- You’ll be building the tools that developers use to build chat and voice applications, designing new functionality from scratch and refining the features we already have.
- By creating delightful and intuitive user experiences, you’ll empower the product teams within large organisations to build conversational AI that changes how the companies operate.
- Our products are used by developers to teach machines how to understand and use human language. Developers interact with Rasa both on command-line and via a GUI. So while you don’t have to be an expert coder, you should be reasonably comfortable on the command line. Our products should feel familiar to developers who use tools like git & GitHub daily.
- You’ll be working with driven people across all areas of the company—from marketing and business development to machine learning research and software engineering—to create the tools to let all makers build AI assistants that everyone can use.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a professional UX design role.
- You have a strong portfolio that showcases your best work and your knowledge of UX best practices.
- You have experience conducting user and usability studies to inform design.
- You are an expert user of tools like Sketch, Figma, etc.
- You have demonstrable experience building new products (please show us examples!). You can iterate quickly by putting an MVP in people’s hands, and test ideas and hypotheses before any code is written.
- You can effectively communicate what you need and what you’ve achieved with teammates who aren’t designers.
- You are comfortable making decisions about how the product’s user experience should work—solving the product problems through design by balancing technical, user, and business needs.
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, yet you are confident that you are up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Flexible hours, work from home when you need to
- 1000 Euro’s personal development fund to help you grow within your role
- 26 days paid holiday per year
- A new Macbook, and other Tech to help you to do your job
- Your choice of snacks, fresh fruits + drinks at the office
- We have regular team events, as well as regular social events
- 2 team offsites every year, our last one was 3 days in beautiful Brandenburg.
At Rasa, we're building the standard infrastructure for conversational AI. With over 1.5 million downloads since launch, our open source tools are loved by developers worldwide, and Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s. Our friendly community is growing fast, with developers from all over the world learning from each other and working together to make text- and voice-based AI assistants better.
Rasa's machine learning-based dialogue tools allow developers to automate contextual conversations. What are contextual conversations? Real back-and-forth dialogue that is handled seamlessly. Taking AI assistants beyond fixed question / answer pairs creates exciting new use cases for people and business. The tip of the iceberg includes automation of sales & marketing, internal processes, and advanced customer service that integrates into existing backend systems. With Rasa, companies control their own destiny, investing in AI that they own and ship instead of relying on third parties.
Rasa has raised $14 million in total funding from Accel, Basis Set Ventures and open source founders such as Ross Mason (MuleSoft), Mitchell Hashimoto (Hashicorp) and Florian Leibert (Mesosphere). The company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with R&D offices in Berlin, Germany and was founded in 2016.
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.