We’re looking for a passionate developer advocate to join us at our office in San Francisco, to educate developers on how to build conversational AI.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Developers are at the core of what we do at Rasa - both for our open source and our enterprise products.
The developer relations team at Rasa owns the full funnel from developers first hearing about Rasa to contributing to our open source products and has one simple goal: constantly simplifying the experience with our products so that developers can get started faster, build better AI assistants or contribute to our open-source.
As a Developer Advocate, you will work closely with our Head of Developer Relations in scaling Rasa's developer education efforts and growing our open-source developer community. This role is very diverse and ranges from creating technical content and tools for developers, running technical workshops and giving talks at developer conferences, contributing to improvements in Rasa OSS software, to running developer community initiatives and events.
If you would like to know more about what it takes to be a Developer Advocate, then please read this blog post about our Head of Developer Relations Justina.
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, yet you are confident that you are up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you!
You have a technical background, you love hacking and building new things from scratch. Above all, you take pride in helping others to understand difficult concepts and build great things. You are excited about growing communities around open source products and you feel excited about constantly learning new things.
- Advanced knowledge in Python
- Industry experience in applying machine learning algorithms on various problems
- Experience in public speaking and/or technical writing
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain complex ideas, algorithms, and technologies to diverse audiences
- You are excited about new technologies and APIs, and you are very hands-on when it comes to building new things from scratch.
THINGS YOU WILL DO
We’re a startup, so you’ll have to be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to support our mission. However, you can definitely expect to:
- Creating technical education content, how to’s, code examples and application demos.
- Build projects with Rasa and other cutting edge tools
- Do talks and workshop at the developer conferences and meetups
- Work on our open source projects alongside our large contributor base and community
- Engage with our developer community and run various initiatives that help to keep the community engaged.
- Work closely with the engineering and product teams to help design, launch and support developer tools
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Flexible hours, work from home when you need to
- You will have unlimited PTO, but you must take 2 weeks off in a row once a year. We want you to relax on holiday! No slack, no emails The team will take care of your responsibilities while you are on vacation
- $1000 personal development fund to help you grow within your role
- A new Macbook, and other Tech to help you to do your job
- 3 months paid parental leave and additional unpaid months
- Full Healthcare coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) + 4% match
- 2 team offsites every year
- Onboarding + paid trips to Berlin
- Your choice of snacks, fresh fruits + drinks at the office
At Rasa, we're building the standard infrastructure for conversational AI. With over 1.5 million downloads since launch, our open source tools are loved by developers worldwide, and Rasa runs in production everywhere from startups to Fortune 500s. Our friendly community is growing fast, with developers from all over the world learning from each other and working together to make text- and voice-based AI assistants better.
Rasa's machine learning-based dialogue tools allow developers to automate contextual conversations. What are contextual conversations? Real back-and-forth dialogue that is handled seamlessly. Taking AI assistants beyond fixed question / answer pairs creates exciting new use cases for people and business. The tip of the iceberg includes automation of sales & marketing, internal processes, and advanced customer service that integrates into existing backend systems. With Rasa, companies control their own destiny, investing in AI that they own and ship instead of relying on third parties.
Rasa has raised $14 million in total funding from Accel, Basis Set Ventures and open source founders such as Ross Mason (MuleSoft), Mitchell Hashimoto (Hashicorp) and Florian Leibert (Mesosphere). The company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with R&D offices in Berlin, Germany and was founded in 2016.
Rasa is an equal opportunity employer. We are still a small team and are committed to growing in an inclusive manner. We want to augment our team with talented, compassionate people irrespective of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.