Title: Developers LOCATION: Mauritius
WHO WE ARE:
We think too much marketing isn’t us. It’s mass markets, not audiences of one. Homogenous groups to be targeted, not individuals to be inspired. Segments to reach, not people with their own ideas and ambitions. It’s one size fits all, and it’s dull.
When it comes to individuals, we’re fierce. We stand up for individuality. We speak up against bland, broad-brush generalizations. We fight for solutions that adapt to the individual’s needs, beliefs, behaviors, and aspirations. And we commit to doing this in every aspect of our work for clients and their consumers.
We actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the agency’s vision. And most importantly, we value every individual’s wellbeing.
We are Fiercely Individual.
HOW WE DO IT:
At RAPP, we are fiercely focused on the individual and how we can create value from every individual’s experience with a brand. We do this across three capability areas: customer-centric consulting, creativity that inspires action, and customer experience management.
Our data analysts know who that person is. Our strategists understand what they want. And our award-winning technologists and creatives know how to get it to them.
RAPP is an integral part of Omnicom’s Precision Marketing Group, comprising 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists, and data and marketing scientists across 40 global markets.
- Comprehensive knowledge of development using Java, with over 3 years s commercial experience
- Experience in maintaining code in a live support environment
- Knowledge and experience using ticket management systems such as Jira.
- Ability to produce well-structured, ,testable and maintainable code
- Experience developing functionally rich, high traffic and high availability websites
- Comfortable working with a CLI and Linux environments, such as CentOS
- Knowledge and experience of Java frameworks such as Spring, Feign, Lombok
- Knowledge and experience of build tools such as Maven and Gradle
- Knowledge and experience of continuous integration and deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Knowledge and experience of testing frameworks such as Junit, Mocikto, Hamcrest
- Knowledge and experience of source control systems such as Git
- Experience using RESTful API end-points
- Good working knowledge of database technologies such as MySQL, MongoDB
- Good working knowledge of queuing technologies such as ActiveMQ
- The successful candidate will also be responsible for:
- Demonstrating that the code meets requirements
- Analysing complex live issues to identify solutions
- Documenting work packages and deployment guidelines
- Estimating, planning, and delivering work under the guidance and support of the wider Live Platform Team
- Work effectively with other team members across disciplines
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Pay attention to detail and have a commitment to quality
- Take ownership and solve problems in a resourceful and professional manner
- Bachelor's degree in IT or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.