RAPP Chicago is looking for a VP of Analytics to join our award-winning team!
WHO WE ARE:
We think too much marketing isn’t us. It’s mass markets not audiences of one. Homogenous groups to be targeted, not individuals to be inspired. Segments to reach, not people with their own ideas and ambitions. It’s one size fits all and it’s dull.
When it comes to individuals, we’re fierce. We stand up for individuality. We speak up against bland, broad-brush generalizations. We fight for solutions that adapt to the individual’s needs, beliefs, behaviors and aspirations. And we commit to doing this in every aspect of our work for clients and their consumers.
We actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual difference are valued and leveraged to achieve the agency’s vision. And most importantly we value every individual’s wellbeing.
We are Fiercely Individual.
The RAPP team in Chicago is an integral part of Team DDB, am integrated agency team created by Omnicom to develop and deliver state-of-the-art marketing solutions geared towards recruiting best-in-class candidates for the US Army. We are building a modernized platform to target, attract, manage and nurture prospects interested in joining the US Army via state-of-the-art customer experiences, as well as bolster the strength of the mission critical organization protecting our borders. We’re building and configuring marketing technology and communications to drive personalization across the entire recruitment journey.
HOW WE DO IT:
At RAPP, we are fiercely focused on the individual and how we can create value from every individual’s experience with a brand. We do this across three capability areas: customer-centric consulting, creativity that inspires action and customer experience management.
Our data analysts know who that person is. Our strategists understand what is needed. And our award-winning technologists and creatives know how to get it to them.
RAPP is an integral part of Omnicom’s Precision Marketing Group, comprising 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists, and data and marketing scientists across 40 global markets.
The VP, Analytics oversees analytics strategy and data-driven insights across client engagements and leads efforts to inform, power, measure and optimize marketing efforts across multiple channels. This position supervises a team of analysts, works closely with cross-functional agency leadership and interfaces directly with senior clients. You will define data, decisioning and measurement strategies to optimize multi-touch point marketing programs across all forms of media (digital, social, direct, etc.) You will establish and instill the standards, methods and best practices that enable the Analytics team to consistently provide best-in-class measurement plans, meaningful analysis and relevant analytical deliverables. You will promote and enable data-driven decision-making for RAPP clients.
- Establish meaningful KPIs, define learning agendas and establish thorough measurement, data and attribution (MDA) plans for clients.
- Provide meaningful reporting, effectively analyze outcomes and translate into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Identify, scope, propose and direct the appropriate application of analytical services.
- Design and recommend appropriate analytic methodology and approaches to accomplish client goals.
- Develop phased evolutionary roadmaps for clients to progress their analytical sophistication over time.
- Provide managerial leadership to analysts and data strategists to enable and guide them to:
- Use quantitative data to assess and reveal customer profiles, customer segments and customer behaviors to enable business and marketing decision-making and strategy
- Inform business rules development for dynamic communications strategies through effective correlation of customer segmentation, behavioral patterns and trigger events
- Establish meaningful KPIs, define learning agendas and establish thorough measurement, data and attribution (MDA) plans for clients
- Provide meaningful reporting, effectively analyze outcomes and translate into actionable insights and recommendations
- Oversee staff development plans for direct reports, providing feedback and performance evaluations, coaching, and training as required
- Activate the Marketing Sciences COE to design and develop predictive analytic solutions, primary research, machine learning and AI applications and analytic technology activations as required to fulfill on analytics strategy
- Author POVs and other IP covering recent trends and developments in marketing analytics and data-driven marketing
- Codify best practices, package case studies, share methods and define new standards in collaboration with the RAPP network team
- Participate in new business pitches including team leadership, content creation and in-room presentation
- 10+ years marketing analytics experience, at least 3 years with Advertising/Marketing agency
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Extensive working background in digital analytics (site analytics, social, EM, online, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of database marketing principles and database structure
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis, marketing mathematical rigor, test and learn plans and ROI
- Strong knowledge of direct marketing principles and best in class methodologies
- Working knowledge of digital measurement technologies (tagging, web services, digital tools, etc.)
- Working knowledge of social/digital listening tools
- Understanding of emerging research methodologies and technologies
- Proven analytical skills including interpretation of data and translation into actionable insights
- Strong communication, presentation and story-telling skills
- Strong management skills and a proven track record of talent development
- Experience working with a DoD or Government Agency a strong plus
RAPP provides a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits plan. Benefits for this role include health/vision/dental insurance, 401(k), stock options, Healthcare & Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts, vacation, sick, and personal days and positive activism days, paid parental leave and disability benefits. For more information regarding Omnicom benefits, please visit www.omnicombenefits.com. A reasonable estimate of the salary for this role, at the time of posting, is $175,000 - $210,000. This range is specific to Chicago and multiple factors are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: skill set, experience and training, certifications; etc. This is an exempt position. If your requirements fall outside of this range, you are still welcome to apply.
“As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.”
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.