RAPP Chicago is looking for a VP of Technology to join our award-winning team!
WHO WE ARE:
We think too much marketing isn’t us. It’s mass markets, not audiences of one. Homogenous groups to be targeted, not individuals to be inspired. Segments to reach, not people with their own ideas and ambitions. It’s one size fits all, and it’s dull.
When it comes to individuals, we’re fierce. We stand up for individuality. We speak up against bland, broad-brush generalizations. We fight for solutions that adapt to the individual’s needs, beliefs, behaviors, and aspirations. And we commit to doing this in every aspect of our work for clients and their consumers.
We actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual difference are valued and leveraged to achieve the agency’s vision. And most importantly, we value every individual’s wellbeing.
We are Fiercely Individual.
The RAPP team in Chicago is an integral part of Team DDB, a multi-agency organization created by Omnicom to develop and deliver state-of-the-art marketing solutions geared towards recruiting best-in-class candidates for the US Army. We are building a modernized platform to target, attract, manage, and nurture prospects interested in joining the US Army via state-of-the-art customer experiences, as well as bolster the strength of the mission critical organization protecting our borders. We’re building and configuring marketing technology and communications to drive personalization across the entire recruitment journey.
HOW WE DO IT:
At RAPP, we are fiercely focused on the individual and how we can create value from every individual’s experience with a brand. We do this across three capability areas: customer-centric consulting, creativity that inspires action and customer experience management.
Our data analysts know who that person is. Our strategists understand what is needed. And our award-winning technologists and creatives know how to get it to them.
RAPP is an integral part of Omnicom’s Precision Marketing Group, comprising 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists, and data and marketing scientists across 40 global markets.
As VP, Technology, you will manage and supervise Developers/DevOps Engineers who will directly report into you for work assignments and career management. You will assist with intake of new functional capability requirements by interfacing with the clients and business stakeholders. You will be expected to provide high level functional and technical solutions that allow implementation of interactive, data-driven marketing solutions and present these solutions to the clients and business stakeholders. You will ensure that teams align their deliveries to the timelines, scope, and milestones in the provided roadmaps.
- Interface with the business stakeholders in deriving and understanding the business requirements
- Coordinate Technical Design and Architecture activities for Web/Mobile based User Interfaces, Microservices and Data Pipelines
- Lead Configuration/Customization initiatives for Marketing tools like PEGA Marketing, Salesforce etc.
- Lead Development of Reporting, Dashboarding, Machine Learning and AI Solutions
- Analyze non-functional requirements that the system should support and make sure that these are implemented as part of the technical solution.
- Lead the Development team as part of the Build, QA, and Implementation activities
- Assist Product Sponsors in breaking down work into executable technical scope, and help plan these for a successful production implementation
- Help Implement Automated performance and Security testing in the Cloud
- Work with DevOps team in implementation of CI/CD Pipelines for Automated Deployment of Infrastructure and Code
- Manage Work Assignments for people reporting to you and provide Career Management support
- Propose Functional and Technical Solutions to the clients and seek Alignment for Delivery
- Manage Strategic Technical Roadmaps that Development teams will use for Solutions’ Delivery
- Provide Technical Oversight to multiple Technical Architects ensuring Delivery Coordination across teams
- 10+ years of Software Development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field preferred
- Demonstrated experience with Implementation of Marketing tools like PEGA Marketing, Salesforce Marketing Cloud etc.
- Experience with Configuration and Deployment of Email/SMS Marketing Campaigns and implementing Data driven decisioning workflows.
- Experience with Cloud Platforms like AWS, specifically – EC2, S3, ECS/EKS, IAM, API Gateway, Lambda, VPC, Subnets, RDS, SNS, SQS, SES etc.
- Experience with at least one programming language from – Java, C#, Python etc.
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases and proficiency in using SQL commands.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and associated tools like – Jenkins, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy etc.
- Experience with development of REST APIs, microservices etc.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure automation tools like – Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible etc.
- Familiarity with User Authentication/Authorization solutions such as Okta, Cognito etc.
- Experience with GIT version control and associated branching models.
- Detail oriented, organized, and with ability to meet deadlines while working several projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience leading a technical team with supervision of direct reports
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Self-motivated, a natural problem-solver, and a good communicator with ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
RAPP provides a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits plan. Benefits for this role include health/vision/dental insurance, 401(k), stock options, Healthcare & Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts, vacation, sick, and personal days and positive activism days, paid parental leave and disability benefits. For more information regarding Omnicom benefits, please visit www.omnicombenefits.com. A reasonable estimate of the salary for this role, at the time of posting, is $175,000 - $210,000. This range is specific to Chicago and multiple factors are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: skill set, experience and training, certifications; etc. This is an exempt position. If your requirements fall outside of this range, you are still welcome to apply.
“As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.”
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.