RAPP New York is looking for a Senior Director, Analytics to join our award-winning Marketing Sciences team.
WHO WE ARE:
We think too much marketing isn’t us. It’s mass markets not audiences of one. Homogenous groups to be targeted, not individuals to be inspired. Segments to reach, not people with their own ideas and ambitions. It’s one size fits all and it’s dull.
When it comes to individuals, we’re fierce. We stand up for individuality. We speak up against bland, broad-brush generalizations. We fight for solutions that adapt to the individual’s needs, beliefs, behaviors and aspirations. And we commit to doing this in every aspect of our work for clients and their consumers.
We actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual difference are valued and leveraged to achieve the agency’s vision. And most importantly we value every individual’s wellbeing.
We are Fiercely Individual.
HOW WE DO IT:
At RAPP we are fiercely focused on the individual and how we can create value from every individual’s experience with a brand. We do this across three capability areas: customer centric consulting, creativity that inspires action and customer experience management.
Our data analysts know who that person is. Our strategists understand what they want. And our award-winning Technologists and Creatives know how to get it to them.
RAPP is an integral part of Omnicom’s Precision Marketing Group, comprising 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists, and data and marketing scientists across 40 global markets
The Sr Director of Analytics oversees the marketing sciences strategy and analytic insight across client engagements leading the efforts to inform, power, measure and optimize omnichannel marketing efforts.
We are looking for someone who really understands how data science intersects with decision making, and how that applies to real client problems (from where their stores should be located, to implementing algorithms that predict the best price for each and every customer). Someone who can help lead and grow the departments external profile and the talented individuals within them.
You’ll run high-profile projects to answer complex strategic questions using data; persuading our clients to follow the right data-driven strategy; helping continue our growth trajectory through pitching for new business and growing and retaining existing clients; and helping to build out our core propositions and products.
This position supervises a team of junior team members, works closely with cross-functional agency leadership and interfaces directly with senior clients.
- Identify, scope, propose and direct the appropriate application of Marketing Science offerings (Analytics, Enablement, Data Science, & Data Visualization) across a high volume e-commerce fashion client
- Design and recommend appropriate analytic methodology and approaches to accomplish client goals
- Develop phased evolutionary roadmaps for clients to progress their analytical sophistication over time
- Consultatively drive strategic thinking and decision making for our leading clients
- Demonstrate to others how to write compelling documents / presentations around analytics and strategy – the art of storytelling
- Provide managerial leadership for junior team members to enable and guide them to:
- Craft best-in-class statistically significant measurement and reporting to brief into your team to implement, and create a results-driven / test, learn and optimization culture for the client
- Develop strategic and advanced analytics roadmaps, prioritizing clients’ time and budget
- Use quantitative data to assess and reveal customer profiles, customer segments and customer behaviors to enable business and marketing decision-making and strategy
- Inform business rules development for dynamic communications strategies through effective correlation of customer segmentation, behavioral patterns and trigger events
- Establish meaningful KPIs, define learning agendas and establish thorough measurement, data and attribution (MDA) plans for client roster
- Provide meaningful reporting, effectively analyze outcomes and translate into actionable insights and recommendations
- Stay abreast on industry trends, marketing sciences best practices and marketing technology ecosystems and be able to articulate those trends and systems to our clients & internal RAPP network of colleagues
- Actively participate in new business pitches including team leadership, content creation and in-room presentation
- Oversee staff development plans for direct reports, providing feedback and performance evaluations, coaching, and training as required
- 8+ years marketing analytics experience, at least 3 years with Advertising/Marketing agency
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field or equivalent experience
- Extensive working background in digital analytics (site analytics, social, EM, online, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of database marketing principles and database structure
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis, marketing mathematical rigor, test and learn plans and ROI
- Strong knowledge of direct marketing principles and best in class methodologies
- Working knowledge of digital measurement technologies (tagging, web services, digital tools, etc.)
- Working knowledge of social/digital listening tools
- Understanding of emerging research methodologies and technologies
- Proven analytical skills including interpretation of data and translation into actionable insights
- Strong communication, presentation and data story-telling skills
- Strong management skills and a proven track record of talent development
- Understand the art of possible in data science techniques
- Strong knowledge of experimental test design techniques
- Luxury commerce experience a plus
RAPP provides a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits plan. Benefits for this role include health/vision/dental insurance, 401(k), stock options, Healthcare & Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts, vacation, sick, personal and positive activism days, paid parental leave and disability benefits. For more information regarding Omnicom benefits, please visit www.omnicombenefits.com. A reasonable estimate of the salary for this role, at the time of posting, is $160,000-$185,000. This range is specific to NYC and multiple factors are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: skill set, experience and training, certifications; etc. This is an exempt position. If your requirements fall outside of this range, you are still welcome to apply.
“As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.”
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.