RAPP Los Angeles is looking for a Director, Analytics Enablement to join our award-winning Marketing Sciences team.
WHO WE ARE:
We think too much marketing isn’t us. It’s mass markets, not audiences of one. Homogenous groups to be targeted, not individuals to be inspired. Segments to reach, not people with their own ideas and ambitions. It’s one size fits all, and it’s dull.
When it comes to individuals, we’re fierce. We stand up for individuality. We speak up against bland, broad-brush generalizations. We fight for solutions that adapt to the individual’s needs, beliefs, behaviors and aspirations. And we commit to doing this in every aspect of our work for clients and their consumers.
We actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual difference are valued and leveraged to achieve the agency’s vision. And most importantly, we value every individual’s wellbeing.
We are Fiercely Individual.
HOW WE DO IT:
At RAPP, we are fiercely focused on the individual and how we can create value from every individual’s experience with a brand. We do this across three capability areas: customer-centric consulting, creativity that inspires action and customer experience management.
Our data analysts know who that person is. Our strategists understand what they want. And our award-winning technologists and creatives know how to get it to them.
RAPP is an integral part of Omnicom’s Precision Marketing Group, comprising 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists, and data and marketing scientists across 40 global markets.
The Director, Analytics Enablement supports the collection and activation of analytics data across RAPP client projects, providing technical solutions to fulfill measurement and reporting goals. This person will architect, document, implement, and maintain tracking architecture, tag management, conventions, and taxonomies, and martech platforms including analytics and digital media. Additionally, the Director will act as a resident expert on the collection of accurate data through experience in a variety of platforms including ESPs, digital media, web analytics, and tag management systems. At RAPP, Analytics Enablement exists at the intersection between analytics and technology, as a critical capability of our Marketing Sciences division.
- Directly interfaces with client and partner contacts, communicating in a manner to inspire confidence while maintaining detailed documentation following all discussions
- Authors client-facing business-centric documents including BRDs, Use Cases / User Stories, and Issue Post-Mortems
- Co-authors SOWs, scope documentation, and project hours estimates
- Conducts limited team management to ensure work is executed according to department-wide best practices and templates, while not incurring organizational risk in a siloed or non-redundant manner
- Educates clients and agency colleagues on industry changes relevant to analytics and data privacy
- Performs discovery of client marketing and technology ecosystems, business goals, and personnel resources
- Authors and maintains campaign naming and URL tagging conventions and taxonomies
- Advises on digital media tracking based on experience with Google Marketing Platform (Campaign Manager, DV360, SA360, ADH, and Ads), other DSPs, Microsoft Ads, Kenshoo, Facebook Ads, Pinterest Ads, Twitter Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Kochava / Branch MMP, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Conceives of tracking architecture for client initiatives and campaigns, producing flow diagrams and technical specifications, thereby allowing both digital and offline interactions to be tracked, analyzed, and optimized
- Authors tracking and tagging implementation documentation for client in-house teams, client/agency partners, and internal development resources, including clear details that can be easily translated into a test plan for tracking QA purposes
- Coordinates tag management implementation and validation through platforms such as Google Tag Manager, Ensighten, Adobe Launch, and ObservePoint
- Provides comprehensive validation of all tracking implemented across client initiatives to ensure measurement accuracy
- At least 7-10 years of analytics and technology experience, preferably 3+ years with an Advertising, Marketing, Analytics, or Digital Media firm
- An understanding of core marketing analytics concepts including impressions, clicks, pageviews, events, sessions, users, conversions, lookback windows, and attribution models
- Experience working in support of digital media analytics, in particular working within the various popular platforms (Google Ads, GCM, DV360, Bing, SA360, Kenshoo, Facebook, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud)
- Experience utilizing tag management systems, including Google Tag Manager, Adobe DTM/Launch, and Ensighten to support the deployment of web and media analytics tracking tags on pageview-based websites, single-page applications, and mobile apps
- Experience administering Google Analytics Universal; Accounts, Properties, and Views, including the creation of Goals, Filters, Custom Dimension/Metrics, and Segments
- Experience administering Google Analytics 4
- Experience configuring Adobe Analytics Report Suites including Classifications, SAINT, and eVars / sProps
- Experience with A/B/multivariate website testing tools including Google Optimize and Adobe Target
- Experience with enterprise taxonomy management tools including Claravine
- Experience authoring SQL to query, load, transform, and retrieve data from various databases including MS SQL Server, Redshift, and PostgreSQL
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification and Adobe Analytics Implementation Certification a plus
- Experience with environments and services including AWS (S3, EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS) and Azure (SQL Database and blob/file storage) a plus
- Experience with ETL-as-a-service platforms including Datorama, Fivetran, or Alooma a plus
- Innovative Problem-Solving & Commitment: Ability to solve complex measurement and business challenges through creativity, while maintaining a commitment to self-driven continuing education to remain current on techniques, vendors, and the wider marketing landscape
- Presentation & Public Speaking: Ability to produce client-ready written documents and presentation decks along with strong public speaking skills to facilitate positive in-person client meetings
- Personal Traits: Ability to execute inspiring work with minimal supervision; passionate about problem solving in the areas of marketing, data, analytics, and technology; excellent verbal and written communication skills
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.