RAPP Chicago is looking for a Senior Back End Developer to join our award-winning team.
RAPP has a tradition that encourages entrepreneurial thinking, innovative solutions, and the conviction to execute. We seek individuals who thrive in a fast-paced, problem-solving environments. We are looking for a talented Sr. Back- End Developer with a specialty working in APIs, data pipelines, AWS and microservices. In this role, you will help build a data lake for the marketing information, and implement pub/sub messaging model for the streaming data from external systems. This role offers exposure to a wide variety of AWS technology stack, and an opportunity to work in the niche AWS GovCloud platform that is offered only to the Department of Defense agencies. In this role, you will have endless possibilities to grow and make an impact, in an organization that is witnessing tremendous business growth.
- Develop, debug and create microservices & web-apps using Java/.Net/Node etc, Spring boot, MySQL, NoSQL on AWS.
- Work on big-data and analytics framework like Apache Spark, Scala, Redshift and distributed processing of large amount of data.
- Work with streaming data solutions like Kafka, Kinesis etc.
- Explore new AWS technologies, develop and design microservices, and undertake proof of concepts.
- Debug production incidents around Microservices, authentication, authorization, database, elastic search, UI(React) etc.
- Deliver using agile process.
- 5+ years of Software Development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related preferred.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Platform, specifically – EC2, S3, ECS/EKS, IAM, API Gateway, Lambda, VPC, Subnets, RDS, SNS, SQS, SES etc.
- Experience with at least one programming language from – Java, C#, Python etc.
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases and proficiency in using SQL commands.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and associated tools like – Jenkins, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy etc.
- Proficiency in development of REST APIs, microservices etc.
- Familiarity and understanding with Infrastructure automation tools like – Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible etc.
- Understanding and experience working with user authentication/authorization solutions such as Okta, Cognito etc.
- Fluent with GIT version control and associated branching models.
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, and organized.
- Ability to meet deadlines while working several projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Self-motivated and natural problem-solver.
- Exceptional communicator.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an inclusive team environment.
The RAPP team in Chicago is an integral part of Team DDB, a multi-agency organization created by Omnicom to develop and deliver state-of-the-art marketing solutions geared towards recruiting best-in-class candidates for the US Army. We are building a modernized platform to target, attract, manage, and nurture prospects interested in joining the US Army, as well as bolster the strength of the mission critical organization protecting our borders. We’re building and configuring marketing technology and communications to drive personalization across the entire recruitment journey.
WHO WE ARE:
We think too much marketing isn’t us. It’s mass markets not audiences of one. Homogenous groups to be targeted, not individuals to be inspired. Segments to reach, not people with their own ideas and ambitions. It’s one size fits all and it’s dull.
When it comes to individuals, we’re fierce. We stand up for individuality. We speak up against bland, broad-brush generalizations. We fight for solutions that adapt to the individual’s needs, beliefs, behaviors and aspirations. And we commit to doing this in every aspect of our work for clients and their consumers.
We actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual difference are valued and leveraged to achieve the agency’s vision. And most importantly we value every individual’s wellbeing.
We are Fiercely Individual.
HOW WE DO IT:
At RAPP we are fiercely focused on the individual and how we can create value from every individual’s experience with a brand. We do this across three capability areas: customer centric consulting, creativity that inspires action and customer experience management.
Our data analysts know who that person is. Our strategists understand what they want. And our award-winning Technologists and Creatives know how to get it to them.
RAPP is an integral part of Omnicom’s Precision Marketing Group, comprising 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists, and data and marketing scientists across 40 global markets.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.