RAPP Dallas is looking for an Art Director to join our award-winning Creative team.
WHO WE ARE:
At RAPP, with an unrivaled depth of expertise in first-party data, we’ve been observing and cataloging real people’s lives for 50 years. In today’s world, the balance of power has shifted and customers are in control which is why we put people and their preferences at the heart of the brand experience through the discipline of CMR – Consumer-Managed Relationships. We create marketing that matters and RAPP’s expertise in data and marketing sciences gives us and our clients actionable human insight - an incredible understanding of genuine motivations, observed transactions, and actual interactions. Our process reflects how real people think; we balance the left brain and the right – and we do our best work when we bring Precision and Empathy into balance. Building on our data foundation, RAPP delivers a range of capabilities across social, digital, customer experience, and technology.
RAPP is proud to employ over 1000 talented people across US, Brazil, UK, France, Germany, Singapore, and Dubai and we actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the agency’s vision.
RAPP is part of the global network Omnicom and is part of the DAS Group of Companies. To learn more, visit www.rapp.com
As a mid-level Art Director, you must provide strong conceptual thinking, highly developed design skills, and expertise in a wide range of design programs. You’ve got 2+ years in the role with a proven portfolio of spec, produced and award-winning work. You demonstrate the potential to push the boundaries of creative excellence and ensure the delivery of required results.
- Bringing your full self to all you do every single day
- Ability to Create, Present and Execute creative concepts that are on strategy across all direct marketing channels (email, print, display, social, OLTV, Radio, Web, and soon the metaverse).
- Uses data-driven insights and tech innovation to inform creative ideas and concepts.
- Comes up with multiple ways of answering the brief that is original and unexpected.
- Shows eagerness to experiment, collaborate, and see ideas implemented.
- Demonstrates an appreciation for the importance of data-driven insight in the creative process.
- Ability to be autonomous in daily activities but maintains connection through regular check-ins and updates to manager.
- Manages work efficiently with accountability to always deliver on time, on budget, and on brief.
- Produces work that goes above and beyond what the client and agency expect
- Checks copy and creates the design with obsessive attention to detail
- Participates in the creative department, local office, and national RAPP activities, meetings, training, and developmental opportunities.
- Express ideas visually through sketching, storyboarding, mood boarding, or other visual expression tools prior to execution in creative software.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Authoritatively present your design and strategic concepts to senior team members, who are comfortable, is willing to present to clients and other agency teams.
- Stay current with changes in technology and demonstrate technical proficiency.
- Able to relate to others, is patient with junior team members.
- Displays interest in the company culture, and looks for ways to add value to it.
- Shows hunger and fearlessness through dedication to their craft.
- 2+ years experience in art direction or graphic design.
- Must have the ability to work within a creative construct or brand guide to execute award-wining creative that is on budget and brief
- Must have a proven portfolio of spec or produced work.
- Must demonstrate experience/knowledge in digital/interactive and print.
- Must demonstrate an excellent hands-on design craft that is fueled by strong conceptual thinking
- Must take ownership and be confident in talking about design and concept decisions
- Must strive to overdeliver and always show different solutions to an art direction task
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess knowledge of a variety of Apple-related programs
- Must have high competency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and XD
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.