RAPP Chicago is looking for a Sr. Content Strategist
to join our award-winning team.
The Senior Content Strategist is part of the Experience Strategy team and is responsible for developing, and architecting omnichannel content strategies for our clients. The content strategy role has to inspire and engage the target audience or segment by developing an omnichannel strategy based on credible metrics and well-reasoned logic. The strategy should comprise: Content intelligence, Insight generation, Content mapping, Content development and Content analytics. The Content Strategist concepts and ideates with Creative, Data, and Production, to develop the omnichannel strategy, and develop detailed roadmap of how the strategy will be deployed across specific channels. A close working partnership with the Experience Analytics team is needed to understand KPIs and performance metrics to ensure optimization is part of the continuous cycle. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic and is savvy, motivated, positive, and curious.
- Develop, and architect 360° omnichannel content strategies
- Identify content strategy needs, gaps & opportunities across the customer journey
- Performing content audits to assess how well existing content is performing
- Use out of the box thinking to go above and beyond the client’s expectations to find white space
- Use data, customer research, social intelligence, and content analytics to inform future topics and optimize engagement
- Develop content & creative briefs and concept with the creative team to deliver a strong strategy based on credible metrics
- Work with the Experience Analytics team to integrate with the overall learning agenda & optimization frameworks to improve content performance over time
- Become an expert on client business, category and most importantly client customers
- Forge strong working relationships with other disciplines within the agency and across integrated agency working teams
- Serve as collaborative member of the Strategy team, including participation in brainstorms, work sessions, creative development reviews, research, analytics, reporting, etc.
- Become intimately familiar with all research tools, and use those tools to provide research inputs, including desk research, secondary and primary methods
- Identify and coordinate presentations from potential vendors, media partners, thought leaders and subject matter experts that will benefit the team and Strategy product
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in omnichannel content strategy, including building content frameworks (hierarchies, matrices, etc.) and delivering them to internal and external teams
- Experience writing, editing, or collaborating on brief development, marketing documents and creative materials
- Expertise within email content strategy a plus, but not required
- Experience in building and executing omnichannel marketing plans, audience development, target segment development, Influencer identification and activation
- Creative focus and effective strategy moderator
- Firm understanding of user experience
- Must be a highly collaborative and diplomatic player who can carve out space for their own voice on a team of strategic thinkers.
- Must have a strong perspective on the content strategy and the importance of integrated thinking
- Works closely with project sponsors, including executive leadership, to understand their needs and the needs of their users.
- Leads on content strategy briefs, audits, and decks driving toward solutions that best serve the client, brand, and user
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
The RAPP team in Chicago is an integral part of Team DDB, a multi-agency organization created by Omnicom to develop and deliver state-of-the-art marketing solutions geared towards recruiting best-in-class candidates for the US Army. We are building a modernized platform to target, attract, manage, and nurture prospects interested in joining the US Army, as well as bolster the strength of the mission critical organization protecting our borders. We’re building and configuring marketing technology and communications to drive personalization across the entire recruitment journey.
WHO WE ARE:
We think too much marketing isn’t us. It’s mass markets not audiences of one. Homogenous groups to be targeted, not individuals to be inspired. Segments to reach, not people with their own ideas and ambitions. It’s one size fits all and it’s dull.
When it comes to individuals, we’re fierce. We stand up for individuality. We speak up against bland, broad-brush generalizations. We fight for solutions that adapt to the individual’s needs, beliefs, behaviors, and aspirations. And we commit to doing this in every aspect of our work for clients and their consumers.
We actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual difference are valued and leveraged to achieve the agency’s vision. And most importantly we value every individual’s wellbeing.
We are Fiercely Individual.
HOW WE DO IT:
At RAPP we are fiercely focused on the individual and how we can create value from every individual’s experience with a brand. We do this across three capability areas: customer centric consulting, creativity that inspires action and customer experience management.
Our data analysts know who that person is. Our strategists understand what they want. And our award-winning Technologists and Creatives know how to get it to them.
RAPP is an integral part of Omnicom’s Precision Marketing Group, comprising 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists, and data and marketing scientists across 40 global markets
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.