RAPP Chicago is looking for a SecOps/SysOps Engineer
to join our award-winning team.
RAPP has a tradition that encourages entrepreneurial thinking, innovative solutions, and the conviction to execute. We seek individuals who thrive in fast-paced, problem-solving environments.
We are looking for a talented Security Operations Engineer to join our SecOps/SysOps team with a specialty working on DoD systems, implementing and assessing security controls as needed per DISA and NIST standards. This is a high impact role and you'll plan for, contribute to, and collaborate with the several teams making up Security Engineering. We'll work together to continually evaluate your impact, and adjust areas of focus as necessary.
You will be supported by a global practice, where you can learn and develop. We check our egos at the door. You’ll make sure our customers benefit from services built to the highest security standards in the industry.
- Evaluate, design and implement security process and technical controls at scale that secure production systems, generate telemetry (logs, alerts) to enhance Rapps ability to detect, analyze and prevent malicious activity
- Participate in Risk Management and Security audit process as and when required
- System Administration, Monitoring and Patch Management – Windows and Linux.
- Co-ordinate with global teams to define and apply consistent process and controls
- Develop tooling to integrate data to improve, enrich and correlate data-sources and increase our security monitoring capabilities
- Proactively looks for ways to improve the overall security across the entire eco system
- Assist team in manage and maintain security in the software development life cycle
- 3+ years experience working within an enterprise information security environment
- Deep understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Platform
- Setting up security controls within AWS
- Worked within AWS GovCloud
- NIST 800
- Bachelor’s degree or equivelant experience.
- 5+ years experience in Security Operations
- Deep knowledge of enterprise and cloud networks and security controls and detection techniques and technologies.
- Expertise building and implementing security controls across clients, including US Govt.
- Understanding of cyber security, military system specifications, and DoD Information Assurance policies and programs.
- Understanding of DISA and NIST compliance standards, and experience taking a system through ATO.
- Indepth understanding and experience in the implementation of Cyber Security and IA boundary defense techniques and vulnerability scanning mechanisms.
- Awareness of DISA STIG compliance requirements and experience working with the teams to implement these requirements.
- Familiarity using SAST, DAST and web application vulnerability tools
- The ability to balance speed and risk by using compliance-as-code (CaC) tools to continuously detect and remediate compliance violations.
- To optimize and secure DevOps toolchains by assessing them against Rapp’s compliance requirements.
- Certified in one or more of the following:
- A+ CE
- Network+ CE
- Security+ CE
- CySA+ **
- Understanding of VPCs, public/private subnets, security groups, Roles and Access management, IAM authentication/authorization, encryption at rest/transit, Key management, Secrets Management
- Experience in building and maintaining security in tools like Ansible, Chef and Terraform
- History of making smart tradeoffs to deliver quality, secure, software on time, and of learning from those tradeoffs that didn't work out so well
- 3-4 years
Additional skills that are preferred, but not mandatory:
- AWS SysOps Administrator Certified
- CISSP (or Associate) or a CISA
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Active CAC clearance
The RAPP team in Chicago is an integral part of Team DDB, a multi-agency organization created by Omnicom to develop and deliver state-of-the-art marketing solutions geared towards recruiting best-in-class candidates for the US Army. We are building a modernized platform to target, attract, manage, and nurture prospects interested in joining the US Army, as well as bolster the strength of the mission critical organization protecting our borders. We’re building and configuring marketing technology and communications to drive personalization across the entire recruitment journey.
WHO WE ARE:
We think too much marketing isn’t us. It’s mass markets not audiences of one. Homogenous groups to be targeted, not individuals to be inspired. Segments to reach, not people with their own ideas and ambitions. It’s one size fits all and it’s dull.
When it comes to individuals, we’re fierce. We stand up for individuality. We speak up against bland, broad-brush generalizations. We fight for solutions that adapt to the individual’s needs, beliefs, behaviors and aspirations. And we commit to doing this in every aspect of our work for clients and their consumers.
We actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual difference are valued and leveraged to achieve the agency’s vision. And most importantly we value every individual’s wellbeing.
We are Fiercely Individual.
HOW WE DO IT:
At RAPP we are fiercely focused on the individual and how we can create value from every individual’s experience with a brand. We do this across three capability areas: customer centric consulting, creativity that inspires action and customer experience management.
Our data analysts know who that person is. Our strategists understand what they want. And our award-winning Technologists and Creatives know how to get it to them.
RAPP is an integral part of Omnicom’s Precision Marketing Group, comprising 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists, and data and marketing scientists across 40 global markets.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.