RAPP New York is looking for an Motion Designer
to join our award-winning team.
We are the agency absolutely, utterly, fiercely focused on the individual. We use our data, technology and creative smarts to make meaningful, connections with every single person a brand knows.
As a guiding ethos, RAPP stands up for Individuality. So much so, that it's in our agency value proposition. We're committed to racial justice, equality and equity, representation, and unbiased opportunity – because we know that embracing diversity in all its facets helps us create our best work. Harnessing the experiences of all our Fiercely Individual people, and the differences among us, is the surest way to positively impact our business and network culture.
We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, life stages and abilities to apply. RAPP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process –or after you’ve joined us – please let us know.
We are a member of Omnicom’s Precision Marketing Group (OPMG) focused on digital and CRM marketing.
As a Motion Designer, you are fluent in a wide variety of software and always up to date on all new technologies. This person should be a tinkerer who likes to explore new animation and design solutions.
- Seamlessly transition between visual design, video editing and animation software
- Demonstrate a sense of ownership and attention to detail executing creative, narrative motion design
- Communicate visual designs, motion design, concepts and storyboards through presentations
- Possess organizational and time management skills with the ability to work on several projects at once
- Proactively tracks trends and be able to pass this knowledge on to the rest of the team
- Take ownership of major deliverables and smaller programs
- Mentor/teach other designers on best practices and new software
- Design and produce animated motion graphics, titles, text, and characters in After Effects.
- Translate production specs and creative concepts into visual ideas through storyboards, motion graphics and/or animation.
- Basic IT housekeeping of software, plugins, assets, style-guides and folder structure.
- Export and deliver appropriate files to the specification given.
- Have a passion for doing great creative work.
- 3–5 years of motion design experience (agency experience a plus)
- An expert understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate, After Effects, and Premiere Pro. Cinema 4d is a big plus
- Ability to create motion design for websites prototype and mobile apps
- Understanding of animation techniques
- Knowledge of sound editing programs
- 3D animation and modeling with Maya and/or Cinema 4D a plus
- Recognizes the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization and seeks to understand those different perspectives and cultures
- Contributes to a work culture where differences are valued and supported
- Is sensitive to cultural norms, expectations, and ways of communicating