Code is the data and technology division of RAPP and is the leading provider of technology and data solutions within the Omnicom Group.
Code is a digital transformation business. We help our clients to invent a new future for their marketing through data and technology. We work at the intersection of technology, marketing, data, media and user experience.
Our service offering to clients includes: Transformation Consultancy, Data Engineering, Customer Experience Management technologies and Marketing Technology. We also develop and maintain our own Forrester-recognised Marketing Technology solution, adZU, used by 10,000 businesses worldwide.
Our clients include Best Western, Castrol, Christie’s, Domino’s, Jaguar Land Rover, L’Oréal, Mercedes-Benz, Mothercare, OMD, PHD, Samsung and Telstra. Code has a global presence and employees spanning nine cities, located in the UK, Europe, North America, China, Singapore and Australia. Learn more; www.codeworldwide.com.
The Release and Deployment Manager aims to plan, schedule and control the movement of releases to test and live environments. The primary goal of Release and Deployment Manager is to ensure that the integrity of the live environment is protected and that the correct components are released.
This is a client facing role and we would like this person to also take on some additional responsibilities as manager for a small (currently 2) team of support developers working on our flagship client Mercedes Benz.
- Forward plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio of client developments
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Communicate all key project release plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Weekly Release Reporting
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists
- Develop scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platform
- Work with the development teams to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintain a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Research new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
- Manage a small team of Support Developers to prioritise and oversee their work and produce status update reports for internal and client review
- Participate in client meetings regarding deployments and application support for planning, progress and performance review purposes
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Formal training in project management practices preferred
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Experience of using software applications such as Jira, Redmine, SVN
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and TeamCity beneficial
- .Net development background beneficial
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- You should be agile and able to think on your feet – multi-tasking will come naturally, and you’ll have your finger on the pulse continually across all projects.
- Must have a positive and client facing attitude
- Prepared to travel as necessary to other CODE offices and client / third party offices
- Prepared to work extra hours if/when required