Rapha’s mission is to inspire a life by bike. In order to achieve this, we are committed to making the Rapha community a place of inclusion on and off the bike.
Rapha's mobile product team is responsible for creating innovative mobile apps that delight our customers both on and off the bike. We leverage cutting edge technologies such as GraphQL, Serverless and Prisma to deliver the APIs that power our apps.
We are looking for a mid-level backend developer to drive the development of our mobile app’s backend stack and contribute to other exciting initiatives across Rapha Technology.
- Working closely with the product manager and front end developers to define, build and deploy APIs to support new feature development in our mobile apps
- Ensuring redundancy is built into all aspects of our platform to achieve high levels of service uptime
- Working with our DevOps team to define, deploy and maintain cloud infrastructure
- Building and maintaining internal management tools for our admin staff
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends, any relevant tool and framework updates and general best practices
- Ensuring new and existing APIs have good test coverage so we can deploy with confidence
- Maintain a CI / CD pipeline for our platform with the help of the DevOps team, and continually optimising this process over time
- Enjoy freedom to discuss, design and build creative solutions to real world problems, to make long lasting impact
- Time to learn new skills and innovate with Innovation Days which lead to a product which impacts the rest of the business
- Opportunity and encouragement to contribute to open source projects when possible
- Development experience in NodeJS and Typescript
- Hands-on AWS services such as (Lambda Functions, ECS, S3, SQS, SNS)
- Integration experience of third-party APIs
- Experience of Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, SAM, Ansible)
- Understanding of CI/CD Pipelines on AWS services
- An interest in new technology and how it can be incorporated into a leading digital business environment to maintain a competitive edge
- Within commuting distance of our office in London for weekly meetings
Working at Rapha
We are continuously looking into ways to invest in our employees and build a better working culture and environment. Here are just some of the internal benefits we offer.
- Flexible working hours
- Support ad-hoc remote working during the week
- No meeting Fridays - giving you time back for things like personal development
- Free barista coffee and Friday afternoon social drinks in the office
- Monthly department social events and quarterly office social away days
- We offer a flexible riding benefit to allow you to go out riding on a Wednesday morning with colleagues or learn to cycle to cycling through our Getting Started Scheme.
- We offer all our employees a 50% apparel discount
- An annual clothing allowance
- Free membership to the Rapha Cycling Club
- Company Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
At Rapha, we welcome candidates from all backgrounds. We are always working to create an environment that is focused on equality, inclusion, empowerment and respect.
As part of our continued commitments to diversity, equity and inclusion, we would like to invite you to answer a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to answer, the responses will only be used to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring process and to measure our efforts to recruit diverse and under-represented talent. Your responses, or your choice not to respond, won’t be associated with your specific application and won’t in any way be used in the hiring decision.