Rapha creates the finest cycling clothing and accessories in the world. Designed without compromise for the most discerning rider, Rapha products blend optimum performance, the finest fabrics and modern style. Rapha Clubhouses have been created as inspiring meeting places for riders around the world. Located in vibrant cycling cities, inside you’ll find a retail space stocked with the latest Rapha products, limited edition Clubhouse items, and a café serving the finest coffee and food. The clubs also screen live racing and host exclusive exhibitions and events. The perfect home for the sport and culture of cycling, Rapha Clubhouses offer the ultimate Rapha experience.
The Clubhouse Manager is responsible for driving the overall success of their Rapha Clubhouse. A commercial leader, who understands their local cycling community, the Manager is the ultimate Rapha Ambassador in their Metro. Overseeing both Clubhouse & local activation the Clubhouse Manager, through their strategic vision and drive for results, ensures overall profitability. A natural leader, the Clubhouse Manager builds and develops a highly skilled and high-achieving team that can cope with the pressures and demands of both a luxury retailer and café. The Manager is passionate about growing cycling and creates an environment where the sport can flourish. Strong collaboration skills are vital, as building relationships with the Regional and Central teams are key to achieving success.
- Owning Rapha in your City - Create local strategy, make decisions and take action that will grow the sport and deliver Rapha’s business goals
- Driving all Retail KPI’s within the Clubhouse and supporting local brand activation
- Bring in new Rapha customers through an engaging and relevant schedule of events & rides
- Leading the team in the efficient running of the Clubhouse, local events & Rides to ensure maximum return on investment
- Ensures employee experience is in-line with brand strategies and drives the customer experience
- Provide high value feedback on local trading opportunities, when required, to central Rapha teams
- Cascade communications & inspire team through action, lead by example when embracing brand messages
- Ensure events are managed in partnership with all relevant stakeholders
- Promoting the Rapha Custom offer throughout the metro with passion and expertise
- Through successful recruitment, create a pipeline and talent pool to support succession planning
- Be the ultimate Rapha Ambassador, seen by others as a role model and bring to life Rapha’s core values
The ideal General Manager will have the following skills and qualities:
- 5+ years store management experience in a retail environment
- Passionate about delivering a world-class customer experience
- A proven track record of delivering results and the drive to exceed expectations
- An understanding of food & beverage retailing
- Strong planning and organisational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate excellent leadership and people management skills
- The ability to network, recruit, train, develop and assess talent
- Creative and enthusiastic about building and hosting memorable events at the Clubhouse, bringing the Rapha experience to life
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and agile to meet business needs
- Computer proficiency with Apple Mac & MS Office
- An interest in cycling or active sports in desirable
Working at Rapha
We are continuously looking into ways to invest in our employees and build a better working culture and environment. Here are just some of the internal benefits we offer.
- Monthly department social events and quarterly office social away days
- We offer a flexible riding benefit to allow you to go out riding on a Wednesday morning with colleagues
- We offer all our employees a 50% apparel discount
- An annual clothing allowance
- Free membership to the Rapha Cycling Club
- Company Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
At Rapha, we welcome candidates from all backgrounds. We are always working to create an environment that is focused on equality, inclusion, empowerment and respect.
As part of our continued commitments to diversity, equity and inclusion, we would like to invite you to answer a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to answer, the responses will only be used to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring process and to measure our efforts to recruit diverse and under-represented talent. Your responses, or your choice not to respond, won’t be associated with your specific application and won’t in any way be used in the hiring decision.