9 Month Fixed Term Contract
The Apparel Designer is responsible for the design of products in the Rapha Inline Range and ensures that the range delivers unique products that lead the market in performance, quality and style. The role works together with a team of Designers and Product Engineers to create innovative, relevant and well resolved products in-line with the company values, timelines and strategic goals.
- Create innovative relevant and highly resolved products that keep Rapha at the forefront of the cycling industry
- Build insights into future thinking, relevant and compelling products that inspire our global community
- Work closely with the Atelier team to find creative solutions to riding specific problems
- Collaborate with the Product Engineering, Materials and Sourcing teams to deliver seasonal projects on time and within budget
- Create accurate product cads and detailed information, fit, fabric & features across all products
- Contribute to the seasonal colour build and story-telling collections across the apparel range
- Drive consistency and commerciality of fit
- Discover, develop and present compelling narratives for multiple collections and product categories including market research, customer insights and problem solving for on-bike specific problems
- Connecting and championing product inside Rapha
- Getting grand ideas over the line through careful concept building and precise execution
- Testing, first-hand feedback and experience of product, conditions and competitors
- Backing up design decisions with proven insights and keeping commercial targets in mind
- Ensure time is well allocated between all ranges in line with the business goals. Taking consideration of a wide range of customers, riding needs, and regions, drive the design of new products with love and passion for all ranges, with a range focused as well as detailed view on design language and fit
- Support and collaborate with downstream teams such as Development, to ensure products have the best possible success
- 3-5 years experience within the apparel design industry
- Approach all projects with passion, curiosity and tenacity
- Exemplify the Rapha standard for design and storytelling. Inspire others to do the same
- Be approachable and collaborate internally and externally to deliver truly excellent work
- Balance commercial imperatives with the need to constantly push the boundaries of design
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills
- Calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate a clear passion and understanding for the sport
- Own and lead cycling through exceptional product experiences. Propose new product concepts and new ways to enjoy riding
- Continuously wanting to improve and create industry leading design
- Endeavour to always improve the product offering, sometimes through incremental improvements, sometimes through great leaps. Knowing the competitive landscape is a must, understanding where value lies for customer, and where we can improve
- Show empathy and support for team, sharing knowledge and skills with others to provide perspective and become stronger together
Working at Rapha
We are continuously looking into ways to invest in our employees and build a better working culture and environment. Here are just some of the internal benefits we offer.
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working with remote working and 2 days a week at our London office.
- No meeting Fridays - giving you time back for things like personal development
- Free barista coffee and Friday afternoon social drinks in the office
- Monthly department social events and quarterly office social away days
- We offer a flexible riding benefit to allow you to go out riding on a Wednesday morning with colleagues or learn to cycle to cycling through our Getting Started Scheme.
- We offer all our employees a 50% apparel discount
- An annual clothing allowance
- Discounted membership to the Rapha Cycling Club
- Company Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
At Rapha, we welcome candidates from all backgrounds. We are always working to create an environment that is focused on equality, inclusion, empowerment and respect.
As part of our continued commitments to diversity, equity and inclusion, we would like to invite you to answer a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to answer, the responses will only be used to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring process and to measure our efforts to recruit diverse and under-represented talent. Your responses, or your choice not to respond, won’t be associated with your specific application and won’t in any way be used in the hiring decision.