Rapha’s Technology team develop and maintain a Microsoft Dynamics Navision platform to support the core business process. The team supporting this system is made up of two parts: (i) development expertise and (ii) functional expertise. The team requires an experienced Microsoft Dynamics NAV developer to implement and support the development of the Navision system. The system is being expanded continuously both in the scope of modules and geographical range of users while supporting multiple departments within an exciting and fast-growing business.
We are in the early stages of planning our migration from NAV 2018 to Microsoft Dynamics Business Central, a migration in which our ideal candidate will play a core role. Rapha’s technology team strives to use new technology alongside tried and tested methodology to ensure we deliver the quality experience our customers expect from our brand.
The ideal candidate for the role should have several years experience developing with Dynamics NAV within an ecommerce and physical location retailer; and will have an understanding of data flows and processes within retail; and able to work with staff from other teams to design and deliver Navision based solutions to business issues.
The role provides an opportunity to progress into team leadership, ERP Strategy, Planning and implementing a major upgrade - Business Central, and working with senior stakeholders.
- Reporting to the Senior Nav Developer, providing expertise in code analysis and development, to enable successful delivery of key business projects on time.
- Development work split roughly 50/50 between new business process development and supporting/resolving issues with current processes
- Develop excellent knowledge of the Rapha Navision solution, Middleware, and 3rd party integrations.
- Work to agreed standards to ensure code quality is maintained, and systems knowledge is captured and shared internally.
- Become champion in identified areas of functionality, and support other team members in those areas.
- Interact with other Rapha teams to support ongoing business processes
- Opportunity to progress to Senior Nav Developer role in due course.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualities:
- Experience (3+ years) of development of Navision systems
- Proven ability to design solutions on the MS Dynamics (Navision) platform
- Good communication and people skills; able to work well with non-tech teams, and produce suitable documentation.
- Expertise in MS Dynamics installation administration and configuration; including server environments and SQL queries.
- Experience with integrations using modern RESTful APIs
- Good knowledge of native Navision processing model
Desirable skills and qualities:
- An interest in working in a fast moving retail environment
- An interest in new technology and a desire to learn and experiment to research and innovate
- Retail or finance experience
- Knowledge of LS Retail
- Knowledge of EPOS systems
Working at Rapha
We are continuously looking into ways to invest in our employees and build a better working culture and environment. Here are just some of the internal benefits we offer.
- Flexible working hours
- Support ad-hoc remote working during the week
- No meeting Fridays - giving you time back for things like personal development
- Free barista coffee and Friday afternoon social drinks in the office
- Monthly department social events and quarterly office social away days
- We offer a flexible riding benefit to allow you to go out riding on a Wednesday morning with colleagues or learn to cycle to cycling through our Getting Started Scheme.
- We offer all our employees a 50% apparel discount
- An annual clothing allowance Discounted membership to the Rapha Cycling Club
- Company Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave
At Rapha, we welcome candidates from all backgrounds. We are always working to create an environment that is focused on equality, inclusion, empowerment and respect.
As part of our continued commitments to diversity, equity and inclusion, we would like to invite you to answer a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to answer, the responses will only be used to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring process and to measure our efforts to recruit diverse and under-represented talent. Your responses, or your choice not to respond, won’t be associated with your specific application and won’t in any way be used in the hiring decision.