Rapha inspires people to push beyond their limits. Through the stories we tell, the rides and experiences we host and through our products, our brand helps cyclists go further and we intend to bring this same approach to mountain biking.
Rapha's mission is to make cycling the most popular sport in the world. In order to achieve this, we are committed to making the Rapha community a place of inclusion on and off the bike.
The Graphic Designer, Rapha MTB will be integral in developing the MTB category based on the direction set from the central team. You’ll be expected to think for yourself and come up with creative solves that go beyond the brief. You’ll work closely with the central team to develop and push the future direction of MTB, showing a clear understanding of how brands and category collections can work together and independently.
The role will consist of a broad range of brand-oriented graphic design - the conception and creation of design work across MTB-related marketing, packaging, digital, social and occasional products or surface design. The role requires an in-depth knowledge of software; from Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and the rest of adobe creative suite.
As well as technical expertise, the role requires a best-in-class command of typography, colour and image - this should be clearly demonstrated through submitted portfolios and be shown in each of the projects you’ve worked on. Someone who knows their Helveticas from their Unicas, who understands the impact of scale and type in various applications - from small caps on a business card to display type on a 48 sheet.
The candidate will be a critical component of a creative team that sits at the heart of the Rapha brand. This role will report directly to the General Manager of Rapha MTB and the Head of Brand Design at Rapha but will work closely with many functions within the existing business: frequently collaborating with the Brand Creative Director, Central Marketing team, MTB Marketing Manager and retail team.
For submissions we require a portfolio PDF of under 20MB. We will not be reviewing files as WeTransfers or website links.
- Designing and delivering creative and impactful design work for the Rapha MTB brand on time and within budget
- Leading the design of complex design and roll out from brief to finished work, using independent judgment, creativity and initiative to resolve the project at hand
- Owning the MTB creative relationship with various departments; taking charge and leading key projects across retail, product and marketing
- Frequently presenting back to the General Manager MTB and Head of Brand Design
- Responsible for creating the assets and creating the final artwork
- Sharing and present concepts and work to the rest of the creative department, effectively managing and implementing feedback from the different teams
- Working with the GM MTB and Marketing teams to ensure assets are delivered on time and in accordance to the briefs
- Maintaining communication across key stakeholders in the business to ensure wider company alignment on Rapha MTB’s plans
- Full-time role based in Bentonville, Arkansas.
- Have strong knowledge and passion for mountain biking
- Proficiency across Adobe Creative Suite and Keynote
- An ability to work quickly, independently and accurately
- A deep understanding of how design elevates a brand and achieves success
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Be an advocate for Rapha’s mission: to make cycling the most popular sport in the world.
- Has a natural sense of urgency and approach to work
- Proactive, dynamic interpersonal style
- Good business acumen
- Highly organised
- Can prioritise competing requests
- Able to leverage resources, whilst knowing when to ask for help
At Rapha, we welcome candidates from all backgrounds. We are always working to create an environment that is focused on equality, inclusion, empowerment and respect.
As part of our continued commitments to diversity, equity and inclusion, we would like to invite you to answer a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to answer, the responses will only be used to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring process and to measure our efforts to recruit diverse and under-represented talent. Your responses, or your choice not to respond, won’t be associated with your specific application and won’t in any way be used in the hiring decision.