The Technology Team at Rapha is embarking on a number of projects to improve our customer experience and the processes our colleagues follow when using the applications and services we build and support. These include re-platforming our core eCommerce solution, delivering a headless storefront and replacing our POS system in our global clubhouse network.
We are looking for an experienced Senior AWS Cloud Developer to build out our middleware layer, which is one of the central pillars of our next generation architecture. Our key objective for 2021 is to establish a new Cloud development team which will be a core part of Rapha Technology’s engineering function in order to deliver the best-in-class experience our customers expect from our brand.
- Full-time, permanent role based in our office in Gijón, Asturias*
- Interact directly with other teams across the Technology department, (based in London & Asturias) to develop requirements previously gathered and documented by the Business Analysis team within our agile software engineering process
- Act as practice lead for cloud development, defining coding patterns and standards, documenting these and mentoring other developers
- Participate in and lead code review sessions
- Stay up to date with the latest in industry trends, any relevant tool and framework updates and general best practices
- Define & maintain a CI / CD pipeline for Cloud with the help of the devops team, and continually optimising this process throughout each successive sprint
- Produce technical specifications & develop new processes/applications as required within agreed deadlines
- Create and implement test plans, working with the QA team to ensure high standards for software quality
Candidates may possess the following skills. We're open to a wide variety of backgrounds and skill sets which may fulfil the requirements in a similar way.
- Hands-on AWS services (Lambda Functions, API Gateway, IAM, CloudWatch, Cognito Pools, S3, SQS, SNS)
- Development experience in NodeJS programming language. (Knowledge of Python is a plus)
- Integration experience of third-party APIs
- Experience of Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, SAM, Ansible)
- Understanding of CI/CD Pipelines & Versioning on AWS services
- An interest in new technology and how it can be incorporated into a leading digital business environment to maintain a competitive edge
- Ability to work in an agile and fast-paced environment
- An interest for active sports and ideally cycling
- Business level written and spoken English language skills
* Due to the COVID-19 situation, we encourage working from home, although the office is currently open Monday to Friday during normal office hours (9AM-6PM)
At Rapha, we welcome candidates from all backgrounds. We are always working to create an environment that is focused on equality, inclusion, empowerment and respect.
As part of our continued commitments to diversity, equity and inclusion, we would like to invite you to answer a set of voluntary demographic questions. If you choose to answer, the responses will only be used to help us identify areas for improvement in our hiring process and to measure our efforts to recruit diverse and under-represented talent. Your responses, or your choice not to respond, won’t be associated with your specific application and won’t in any way be used in the hiring decision.