Rapha combines performance, quality and style at the highest level to produce the finest cycling apparel on the market.
The Product Development team is key to the Product Creation process, combining expertise with passion to bring product to life. We are a Dynamic team with a great work ethic together with a strong team spirit that makes working at Rapha as a Product Developer a unique experience.
The successful candidate will be expected to deliver the highest calibre of work, taking products from conception through to production. This will require an exceptional assistant product development skillset, with an eagerness to learn as well as the passion and drive to develop innovative, market leading products.
- Successfully working x functionally with Designers, Developers, Technical and Production on a daily basis.
- A key role that is accountable for product ranges and direct reports to ensure all briefs and critical dates are met.
- Excellent time management and the ability to remain agile within your role in the business. Leading by example and encouraging the team to participate in any task with a positive attitude and to the best of their ability so the needs of the business are met.
- Responsible for managing the development of a large range of CC (carry over) and CN (colour new) styles alongside the critical path. Supporting more junior members of the team to follow the process set out.
- Owning the NN development of a collection with medium - high complexity, ensuring the integrity and end function of the product is met.
- Maintain and update product tech packs and Bill of Materials on our PLM and Ai filing system.
- Manage in-season wear testing on all NN products, supported by our R & D department when necessary.
- Have a key role in preparing and presenting the ranges for Range Review management meetings. Ensuring all information is available from the more junior members of the team.
- Attend cross-functional weekly meetings and fit sessions of products assigned to your range.
- Having a good understanding of fabric and garment treatments and their function/cost.
- Responsible for lab dip approval and clear colour feedback.
- To ensure all filing and databases are kept up to date.
- Reporting into the Head of Product Development
- Deliver timely and clear feedback on the status of products to management.
- Highly organised and inquisitive personality.
- Have knowledge of the industry and be aware of competitor’s product, participating / leading inspiration days and reporting back to the wider team.
- Must have an excellent understanding of costing templates variables within manufacture – having the ability to cost engineer a product is key.
- To have an elevated understanding of the manufacturing process of a variety of product categories.
- A graduate, ideally with a degree in fashion / sportswear.
- Approximately 6+ years of industry experience working for a sportswear / outdoor brand.
- An understanding and passion for delivering flawless quality.
- Must have an excellent attention to detail and be proficient in using a Mac, Excel and the Adobe suite.
- Highly solutions based mind-set.
- Determined and supportive team player, the ability to build more junior members knowledge and confidence.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional knowledge of construction suitability and costing consequences.
- A cyclist and/or active person who has a strong affinity for sport. Any candidate will be keen to develop their riding skills and use their passion for sport to elevate Rapha’s product range.